The Altaz Mariners (2p pirate RPG) now with French translation!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bob_The_Mighty

Re: The Altaz Mariners (MP pirate campaign now on 1.14!)

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

gfgtdf wrote: August 17th, 2018, 8:13 pmI just tested this campaign and it gave me a "failed to load the scenario" error. (This in particular made me look bad becasue i reccomended this campaign to someone that asked me for an idea what campaign could be played with 2 players)
It works if you load it from the list of multiplayer scenarios. I don't know why it doesn't work from the list of multiplayer campaigns, any ideas?
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

hmm i think if you start a [campaign] it looks for [scenario] and not for [multiplayer].
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

(Not sure if this matters, but I'm playing single player.)

Altaz Goal
What is that spearman doing on 20,20 (swamp)? He is like, the only lvl one soldier except the enemy leader and he is chilling in a remote corner of the island in the swamp? ._.

Help - Upgrades
Will the game tell me once I've reached the max limit of the improvement of an attack? (That would be neat.)

Give Gold
It doesn't react at all if I have 0 gold (and therefor can't give any gold). This isn't really a problem, but it would probably nicer if the player was told in this case that he/she isn't making any sense. (That way the player knows it's not broken.) Maybe even make a joke about trying to give the shirt of ones back? (I really hope I got that idiom right.)
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Hey Konrad.
AG - I'm not sure, I think possibly we changed the map and didn't tell him.
Upgrades - Yep, the floating label will say 'Maxed Out'.
GG - Why would you be trying to give away zero gold? I guess it wouldn't harm to stick in a helpful gag.
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Bob_The_Mighty wrote: August 18th, 2018, 10:41 am GG - Why would you be trying to give away zero gold? I guess it wouldn't harm to stick in a helpful gag.
Well..I was in the AG and was looking through the help and testing the options. :D
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

also i noticed that this addon contains an image "misc/hero-icon.png" which overwrites the mainline "misc/hero-icon.png" which does not only effect this campaign, but all other mp maps and mp campaigns aswell if you just have this addon installed.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Lose conditions
It's kind of weird that 'mariners' is lowercase while names are upper case. Shouldn't it be 'Mariners'?

Elixion
My ally doesn't recruit at all.
At some point the brothers say 'This land seems to be stalked by dead.' 'Let's put them to rest brother.' And it's kinda out of the blue, I have no idea why they'd be saying this at that point.

(Allied) Ai
The ai seems to be focused on the enemy, ignoring any and all villages that do not lie on his path. Is that intended? (I can only speak for allied ai, because I can't really observe the enemy one.)

Port Rutt
What Encampment is Alderot talking about? I haven't found it yet. (Recruiting people.)
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

jb wrote: August 16th, 2018, 2:48 pm Great news Bob!

This is such a massive project. I've dug into the archives and found our original first notes.

Over 8 years of development!

I want to share part of that first note. It's like looking at the napkin lyrics of a famous musician. Sort of. Okay, not really but it's still cool.
Spoiler:
I have messaged Bob about it, but I never see you on the forums so I neglected to message you. I wanted you to know that all the effort you guys put into this campaign was well worth it. It's frankly some of the most fun I've had playing this game, more so than any other RPG or traditional campaign. I love it. You guys did a wonderful job. What an amazing collection!
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

I have messaged Bob about it, but I never see you on the forums so I neglected to message you. I wanted you to know that all the effort you guys put into this campaign was well worth it. It's frankly some of the most fun I've had playing this game, more so than any other RPG or traditional campaign. I love it. You guys did a wonderful job. What an amazing collection!
That is really cool to hear tribes55. Thanks :) Spread the word and tell your friends!
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Konrad2 wrote: August 18th, 2018, 11:20 pm Click for more stuff.
Farrow
Because my ai ally has only one castle hex to recruit, he ends the scenario with 107 gold. That more gold than he started with. Is that intended?
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

Elexia-- your ally does not recruit at all. Ended with like ~500 gold.
The Isle of Naefay - The ghost continues to spawn once you kill the witches. Free experience, not sure if intended! Only 30 turns, though.
How do we end the scenario? We killed the witches, got everyone on the ship. Scenario didn't end. It seems like there's no way to win.
P.S: This scenario made me and my mate laugh! Very good dialogue.

Edit: Looking back, you can level in pretty much any infinite-level scenario. Super ez
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

altaz.png
To resolve this:
- add require_scenario to each [multiplayer] tag
- add require_campaign to the [campaign] tag

You could as well replace not_living with the relevant of the undrainable/unplaguable/unpoisonable. If not_living is set, these ones will be set automatically as well, so one never needs to check for not_living (and if all three are set, not_living is set automatically)
And there is a lot of [filter_wml] usage — with 1.14 most of these are not necessary anymore, it's now possible to filter directly for the ids of abilities, traits or statuses and also for moves or hitpoints — which is more efficient than [filter_wml]
Try out the dark board theme.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Shiki wrote: August 25th, 2018, 6:01 pm - add require_scenario to each [multiplayer] tag
Note that this doesn't work in 1.14.4 and will only work in 1.14.5, see https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/comm ... 18bc6183d2
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

I'd very much like to play this campaign in single-player mode,
but I just cannot make that happen ... (TAM 3.0, BfW 1.14.3, Win7)
It's listed in main menu > Campaigns – but fails to load the scenario.
It doesn't show in Multiplayer > Local Game > Singleplayer Campaigns,
but certainly in "Mulitplayer Campaigns" – and fails to load the scenario
at the level of reading unit files:
error config: Multiple [unit_type]s with id=TAM_[86 unit names] encountered
Bob the Mighty wrote:It works if you load it from the list of multiplayer scenarios.
In my case, TMA is not included in that list.
More precisely, it only appears after having attempted to start it as MP Campaign
and is even listed twice then. Yet, both options fail to load the scenario
next, the 2 entries disappear from the list. What's wrong?
Konrad2 obviously had no problems, I get loading errors no matter what I do.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Isle of neafsey is not working properly. The relevant variable shows ab instead of b after hitting some witches. No exit.