World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: World Conquest II

Post by gfgtdf »

and as soon as i uploaded it i found anbother bug.... uploaded version 0.6.10
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
ghype

Post by ghype »

gfgtdf wrote: May 12th, 2018, 9:49 pm and as soon as i uploaded it i found anbother bug.... uploaded version 0.6.10
i am not sure which bug you found , but i found this one.
not sure though If i am on current version
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-05-14 23.11.06.png
Screenshot 2018-05-14 23.11.06.png (139.71 KiB) Viewed 7054 times
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

did you have any mods enabled? wc2 does not prefix its variables with 'cmr'
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
ghype

Post by ghype »

we only used choicerers map randomizer, like for the first time ever.
i usually play wc II without any mods, but wanted to give it a try.

also, when advancing to next map,
player 2 got many oos, but no reason stated.

Update:
the reason would be that me as host, I am lagging on the wc II special menu for choosing bonuses.
I recalled a unit but the window didn't popped up yet. followed by player 2 oos
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-05-14 23.46.55.png
Screenshot 2018-05-14 23.46.55.png (121.65 KiB) Viewed 7042 times
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

ghype wrote: May 14th, 2018, 8:48 pm we only used choicerers map randomizer, like for the first time ever.
i usually play wc II without any mods, but wanted to give it a try.
well, then "cmr" is probably an apprevation for "choicerers map randomizer" please report that bug there.

for the OOS: not sure, it'd be nice if someone could test without any mods. I dont know the wc2 enough to guarnatee that is is not caused by wc2, but from looking at the choicerers map randomizer thread it's quite possible that that one wasn't even tested with campaign that contains more than one scenario, and in that ase it really more likeley tht it was caused by that one.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

Maybe you can set WC_II_CONFIG_ALLOW_ALIEN_ERAS to "yes"? In this case I do not need to change it everytime you upload a new version.

Btw, excellent work. Thanks a lot for supporting this great campaign in the new server.
ghype

Post by ghype »

gfgtdf wrote: May 14th, 2018, 9:09 pm well, then "cmr" is probably an apprevation for "choicerers map randomizer" please report that bug there.

for the OOS: not sure, it'd be nice if someone could test without any mods.
I see, again, i usually i play without any mods whatsoever, only Alien Era maybe but thats all. I will keep you posted if some others problems pop up regarding bugs and error in wcII
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

new version wth minor changes uploaded:
- help menus can now be use off turn
- unitmarker and pya mods are now optional
- internal code refactors for less memory usage.
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

gfgtdf wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 9:22 pm - help menus can now be use off turn
Wow that's really cool! Nice work!
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
thanks to port the add-on on 1.14.
something that is not really a bug.
map2, so 2 AI. at beginning, i speak then the first AI and finally the second AI. at each speech, the screen goes to the speaker's castle, so you know where each AI is. in 1.12, you dont know until you see them.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

this is a known issue in the wesnoth engine that will be fixed in wesnoth 1.14.2 which will (hopefully) come out in a few days.
Saratos

Post by Saratos »

Hey there, and thanks so much for porting/maintaining WCII, one of my favorite things to play in Wesnoth.

I just wanted to post a tiny bug I found, nothing extraordinary, but trying to get more involved in the community as I start to learn WML and Lua. I intend to put out some of my own survival maps soon!

The bug is: for the faction "The Cult" when you right click and select "Show me how my recruit works," then menu is missing the icon for "Skeleton Archer'

Thanks again, and all the best.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

uploaded version 0.6.12, the main changes are:
- Fixed wrong recall cost shown in recall dielogue
- Fixed wrong upkeep of units with items
- Fixed skeleton archer image not showing
- Fixed effect of 'Adamot aromor'
- Alien eras can now be enaled without hanging core files. (put a file WC_II_CONFIG_ALLOW_ALIEN_ERAS in your addon-ons folder)

I also tried to improve the mapgenerator code, for that i ported the mainline mapgen code to lua but it turned out to be just too slow so i caoulsnt use it and i don't think it can be done faster in lua. Still i leave the code in in case that i may have use for it later. The speed is acualyl sufficient fo the early scenarios but takes more than five seconds on the latest scenario, so mybe i can so something with it there.

Also note that not all o these fixed tke effect on saved games done with and earlier wc2 version.
teamleader

Post by teamleader »

Hey, thanks for porting this, but there are some bugs:
-If there is a unit with adamant armour in the game and you load that game, Wesnoth will crash.
-Winter's bloom is not giving cold resistance.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

uploaded version 0.6.13:
- Fixed crash when loading games caused by 'adamant armour '
- Fixed Winter's bloom not giving cold resistance

note that when you have an old save with a unit with 'adamant armour' you have to load your last start-of-scenairo save. in mid-scenario saves the bad code is written in the savefile so the new fix won't apply there.