Are we still in need of new music?

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Are we still in need of new music?

Post by Tyler Johnson » June 9th, 2019, 5:27 pm

I've got some time to compose some stuff, I previously composed a few of the tracks years ago, Casualties of War, Into the Shadows, Sad, I think one or two more.

I haven't been active in years because I've been busy but are we still looking for new musical content?

vultraz
Community Manager

Re: Are we still in need of new music?

Post by vultraz » June 10th, 2019, 12:11 am

Welcome back! Indeed, new music is always welcome! I was just thinking recently we could use more ambient/background tracks so all our scenarios don't constantly have battle music blasting at all times. :lol:

What is your rate for commissions?
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?

ghype

Post by ghype » June 10th, 2019, 9:22 pm

I am not sure wether I was taken seriously earlier or not, though I think my commitment to other project here in Wesnoth prove I am not the one to joke about this kind of stuff publicly.

I have been part of the music industry my entire life and even though I have worked in different departments for Universal / Sony, I was just as much trained in classic / traditional composition as one might except from someone being so dedicated to music as art and a form of life.

When I said, I would be glad to contribute to BoW with music, I was obviously meaning I'd do it for free - commission free.

RolfDhew

Post by RolfDhew » June 13th, 2019, 1:53 pm

For what my opinion is worth, I think some more music would be great!

doofus-01
Art Contributor

Post by doofus-01 » June 17th, 2019, 12:35 am

Tyler Johnson wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 5:27 pm
I've got some time to compose some stuff, I previously composed a few of the tracks years ago, Casualties of War, Into the Shadows, Sad, I think one or two more.

I haven't been active in years because I've been busy but are we still looking for new musical content?
Your tracks are great, we'd love to have more. Along the same lines as what vultraz said, we could use some non-"epic battle" tunes. Even 30-60 second mood or ambient pieces could be good resources for intros & dialogues.

ghype wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 9:22 pm
I am not sure wether I was taken seriously earlier or not, though I think my commitment to other project here in Wesnoth prove I am not the one to joke about this kind of stuff publicly.
I'm not sure what you are referring to. Maybe I just missed something. Could you state it again in a new thread (so we don't hijack this one)?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects