Wesnoth Music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Daniel17022002

Wesnoth Music

Post by Daniel17022002 »

Battle For Wesnoth's music is so freaking awesome. Been a while since I last played the game but hell if I don't love the soundtrack. Does anybody here have any idea about the sounds used? I would've loved to try make this type of music in FL Studio 12 but I do need a medieval-like soundfont and I'm not really able to pay for one. Thanks in advance.
Vulpine

Re: Wesnoth Music

Post by Vulpine »

Does this link help? (For Mattias Westlund's stuff at least)
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]
Daniel17022002

Post by Daniel17022002 »

I'll check it out, thanks for the help!
Daniel17022002

Post by Daniel17022002 »

Tried it but most of the links seem to not be working anymore. Thanks anyways :/
Vulpine

Post by Vulpine »

:augh: I should have checked that before referring to them... especially since the links were posted five (!) years ago. Sorry about that.
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

There are a couple good links there: this page and this page are still active.
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG
Daniel17022002

Post by Daniel17022002 »

thx for all the links. don't want to sound rude or anything but I don't really have anymore time to check on all of them. ( some of the ones sent by vulpine worked). I've actually been improving with music and I'm at the moment concentrated on finishing my current track and surviving highschool so yeah. I've found some sounds for that type of music already but I bet I'd have more chances to find good ones by searching for FL Studio packs online. sorry :P
willis

Post by willis »

I'm kind of late to this, but hopefully not too late... You should take a look at Virtual Playing Orchestra: http://virtualplaying.com/virtual-playing-orchestra/. The author has scoured the internet for what he considers to be the best free orchestral samples, he has meticulously applied audio processing to get them to sound like they go together, and put them all together into a single collection.

Additionally, for anybody using Ardour on Linux, I made an Ardour session template to facilitate composing orchestral music: https://github.com/michaelwillis/virtua ... r-template. It could possibly be adapted for use on MacOS or Windows, but I can't make any promises.
Daniel17022002

Post by Daniel17022002 »

Since my last post on here I've learned way more about music. if there's anything I'd need for medieval music, it would be vsts/plugins/soundfonts. I'm using FL Studio 12 for music, which is the best DAW in my opinion.