Nemaara's music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Nemaara's music

Postby nemaara » September 23rd, 2017, 8:58 pm

Hello everyone. I've made some music that I'm planning to release for my campaign, but before I do that, I'm going to put them here to see if anyone has any feedback. Right now, I'm planning to release 2 new tracks, but this may change in the future depending on interest/if someone convinces me to do more.

Important: these tracks are not for mainline, since I would like to release them with the CC BY-NC license. This may also change in the future, but that is the way it stands right now.

Anyway, here they are:

https://soundcloud.com/maarane/waves

and

https://soundcloud.com/maarane/wind3
nemaara

Re: Nemaara's music

Postby Samonella » September 24th, 2017, 5:20 am

Wow, those sound great! The one thing I find really lacking is some of the sound fonts. Especially the higher-pitched instruments sound buzzy and synthetic. I have no idea where to find better ones, but in case you haven't seen this topic, I bet someone from Scoring Central could help with that.
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Vengeance of a Drake: an RPG
Samonella

Postby ElderofZion » September 24th, 2017, 4:10 pm

I think these are nice for a wesnoth campaign music, I think you should put them in.
@Elder but we have asked for the disclosure of all the cheese and we treat it seriously. Everyone on this site can get banned, everyone.
@Elder ale prosiliśmy o wyjawianie wszystkich serów i traktujemy to poważnie. Każdy na tej stronie może zostać zbanowany, każdy.

- Sagez
ElderofZion

Postby nemaara » September 24th, 2017, 9:24 pm

Samonella wrote:Wow, those sound great! The one thing I find really lacking is some of the sound fonts. Especially the higher-pitched instruments sound buzzy and synthetic. I have no idea where to find better ones, but in case you haven't seen this topic, I bet someone from Scoring Central could help with that.

I'll see what I can do. Just dled a sound pack, so let's see if it turns out better than the one I currently have.

Edit: I can't seem to find any sound packs better than the one I have (at least none that actually work), so unfortunately I'm stuck with these sound fonts. The few that I tried actually came out worse than what I have currently. To be honest, though, I actually rather like the flute and harp sounds that I have already, but maybe others will disagree?

Part of the issue is that I had to convert my files to .ogg tracks first, then downsample slightly because they were too huge and seemed to have a tiny bit of trouble playing in game. I have to leave them as ogg's (otherwise they will be 60 MB wav files), but I can not downsample as much, and hopefully that will be better.
nemaara

Postby nemaara » October 5th, 2017, 6:12 am

I orchestrated (somewhat) a random piano track of mine, and thought it might work as an ambient piece for Wesnoth along with the other two above. I've made 2 versions of this piece that will be available once I release the update to my campaign. You can listen to them here:

https://soundcloud.com/maarane/grey-skies-v1

and

https://soundcloud.com/maarane/grey-skies-v2

(I'm aware that the middle section to the first track is fairly different than the outer 2 sections, which is precisely why the second track came about.)
nemaara

Postby IIIO_METAL » October 5th, 2017, 11:36 am

I like grey-skies-v2 better.

I am not a composer, so I can only write amateurish impressions, but please listen. This song receives a feeling of tragedy and hope mixing. It is tragic but it feels refreshing. I imagined the scenario where this song is ringing. It's wonderfully dramatic.
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"
IIIO_METAL

Postby nemaara » October 6th, 2017, 6:02 am

IIIO_METAL wrote:I like grey-skies-v2 better.

I am not a composer, so I can only write amateurish impressions, but please listen. This song receives a feeling of tragedy and hope mixing. It is tragic but it feels refreshing. I imagined the scenario where this song is ringing. It's wonderfully dramatic.

I agree, I think the second one is a better ambient track. I actually am not using the first version, but I figure I might as well make it available in case someone wants it.
nemaara

Postby nemaara » November 2nd, 2017, 3:20 am

These tracks are now available in the Genesis Resources add-on for anyone who wants to use them.
nemaara

Postby _Queen_ » November 27th, 2017, 11:44 am

They sound very nice~

You mentioned something about your campaign. Is it realesed or you are still working on it?
_Queen_

Postby nemaara » November 28th, 2017, 3:32 am

_Queen_ wrote:They sound very nice~

You mentioned something about your campaign. Is it realesed or you are still working on it?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43023

Here you go!
nemaara

Return to Music & Sound Development