Aleksi's Music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay, well let's make sure we have no works that derive from copyrighted sources.

Aleksi, that track is played when the player goes through the great mountain pass, which has fog all around it and is guarded by a great evil wizard. Would you be able to write us some new and better music to reflect this theme? :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Suuuure! :D
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Ok, here's my last update. It is a music that would be played in the foggy mysterious mountains. :? It is still in search but the begining with the percussions and the instrumental effects i find pretty mysterious. Regarding the violin at start is maybe not necessary. And at the end (wich is not the real end) we have a little happy melody :lol: that comes! I don't think it would match with creepy mountains but i was thinking it would maybe be good for the rabbit quest if it ever happens! He appears (happy music :D ) tells his sad story (sad music :cry: ): the passage from Major melody on the flute and then minor melody with the violin). No? Any suggestions? Thanks, i hope you you enjoy it as much as i enjoyed making it! :D

Cheers,

Aleksi.

P.S.

http://aleksi.free.fr/Wesnoth/Requirements/

Its the file called "mountain-rabbit".

Pass for zip files is "wesnoth".
cedric

Post by cedric »

Aleksi wrote:And at the end (wich is not the real end) we have a little happy melody :lol: that comes! I don't think it would match with creepy mountains but i was thinking it would maybe be good for the rabbit quest if it ever happens!
Hey, sure it will! For the moment, I'm focusing on the graphics, which come slowly but inexorably! ;) After that, the scenario will need some polishing, and then on to the wml files... And if there's a music... wow, will be great! Thanks! :)

--
Cédric
ammoq

hmmmm

Post by ammoq »

In my most humble opinion, the appearance of the strings at 0:51 is a bit too vehement (sorry, can't find a better word). Anyway, very well done.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

In my most humble opinion, the appearance of the strings at 0:51 is a bit too vehement (sorry, can't find a better word)
Hum... i'm not quit sure what you really mean by that but i'm pretty satisfied. The last 15 sec of that part will be probably out but i like it. :wink:
ammoq

hmmm

Post by ammoq »

too loud, too dominant... can't really tell. Something disturbs me a little bit.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Hum... well... what to say? i like it :) and i'm still working on it and i think it fits fine. :roll:
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

For all my respect for the person that did it, i think the main screen music does not correspond at all... I suggest it should be different. :?
Advice anywone?

Aleksi.
Last edited by Aleksi on February 9th, 2004, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

I've gotten so used to the main screen theme, by the end of our development process you could release a CD of music from wesnoth, and you'd probably have a good demand from the forum members. Playing so much the music really gets stuck in your head.
ammoq

Post by ammoq »

Aleksi wrote:For all my respect for ammoq :wink: i think the main screen music does not correspond at all... I suggest it should be different. :?
Advice anywone?

Aleksi.
The main screen music wasn't made by me :? Anyway, I generally like it, but I suggest that it should be made longer, with a much faster, louder part, drums, fanfares, you name it.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

oops! :oops: Sorry ammoq! :wink: I thought it was you. I made a search, i got it now... :? Sorry :lol:

Aleksi.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

I've gotten so used to the main screen theme, by the end of our development process you could release a CD of music from wesnoth, and you'd probably have a good demand from the forum members. Playing so much the music really gets stuck in your head.
Ok, but even thou the music stays in your head i think it would be wise to change it. For someone that never played the game it would be a first good impression with good "opening" music along to the already great picture on the cliff. But this music makes it a bit... i don't know... non heroic! :roll: if you see what i mean... :wink:

Aleksi.
ammoq

no problem

Post by ammoq »

Aleksi wrote:oops! :oops: Sorry ammoq! :wink: I thought it was you. I made a search, i got it now... :? Sorry :lol:

Aleksi.
No problem. It's not me you have to apologize to, because it's big honor to be the autor of the most important music in BoW . It's Joseph G. (http://www.zhaymusic.com) who made the main theme. :wink:
ettin
Lord of Glamdrol

Re: no problem

Post by ettin »

ammoq wrote:
Aleksi wrote:oops! :oops: Sorry ammoq! :wink: I thought it was you. I made a search, i got it now... :? Sorry :lol:

Aleksi.
No problem. It's not me you have to apologize to, because it's big honor to be the autor of the most important music in BoW . It's Joseph G. (http://www.zhaymusic.com) who made the main theme. :wink:
As far as I know, Joseph Toscano (zhaymusic.com) is the author of wesnoth-1.ogg and wesnoth-2.ogg. The opening music is wesnoth-7.ogg.