Undead music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Roel

Undead music

Post by Roel »

I'm working on my undead music a long time now and this is what I have now.

http://roelthijs.sin.khk.be/muziek/MarchOfTheUndead.ogg

This is not a real professional recording because I don't have cubase and stuff, I just played the piece on my computer while recording the ogg file with an other program.

I would like comments and suggestions, I like it the way it is now but I might cut some in the beginning because it the first part is rather long. Now you hear all the synth voices but in juin this piece will be played with real instruments and a real choir for my musical theory exam.

I could ask the musicians to help me do a recording for wesnoth but I'm not sure it would fit the game having real voices sing real words (in dutch). And my recording skills arent that good either.

If someone would like to do the instruments in cubase (or whatever) then I can record the choir with my recorder (don't worry, its digital :D ) . I can send you the sheet music or a midi file (if i get the midi output to work properly that is).

Roel
Roel

Post by Roel »

if somebody cant hear the ogg (its mono and with a variable bitrate) here is an mp3 (also mono and with a variable bitrate :D )

http://roelthijs.sin.khk.be/muziek/MarchOfTheUndead.mp3

but can somebody please post some comments cause right now i dont have a clue if i did someting good or bad
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

It doesn't seem very undead-ish to me...
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Elvish Pillager wrote:It doesn't seem very undead-ish to me...
I think it does...

In the halfway where you change the theme to a more quiet one... perhaps a good spot to cut the music in two? It is pretty long... you could develop another piece of music from the short theme in the halfway..
Na'enthos

Post by Na'enthos »

A nice tip for those who wish to play .ogg files and have a Mac: download Mint Audio (or a similar player.. there are liable to be more applications which can play .ogg files).

Mint Audio can be downloaded here.

The song is a bit.. chaotic and I can imagine it is not pleasant to listen too for very long (not that it is bad, certainly not).
Roel

Post by Roel »

What I'm going to try is to do the percussion and strings on synth or pc (never ever did that before so tips are welcome), hope to find a program that allows that and let me export every track to a wav file (more tips welcome) , import the wavs into my HD multi track recorder and then use a real choir to do the choir part. I will do the gwiti part myself as I am an amateur baritone (or whatever that is called in english)