Royalty-free sound effects from Sonniss

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FaeLord

Re: Royalty-free sound effects from Sonniss

Post by FaeLord »

All right. Thanks. If this ever changes, feel free to PM me, as there is a ton of great music that is available under CC-BY but that is not GPL.
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I don't have any "inside knowledge" or anything of this, so if you check the pull request every once in a while, then you'll know as much as I do.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
pyndragon

Post by pyndragon »

Pentarctagon wrote:Yes. The most recent discussion I know of about licenses was this pull request, though it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere, so as far as I know the rule(#1) still is that everything uploaded to the add-on server must be licensed under the GPL.
FaeLord wrote:All right. Thanks. If this ever changes, feel free to PM me, as there is a ton of great music that is available under CC-BY but that is not GPL.
FWIW, there is some progress being made again; mainly the issue was that we came up with some action items that I didn't have time to work on. That's changed, and I think we'll see some progress in the coming week(s).
AKA pydsigner
Current maintainer of The North Wind and author of Heroics Mode.
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Interesting. Please keep us posted if you can. Otherwise I will check back. I'm working on a sequel to one of my campaigns, and I would love be able to include some CC_BY music.
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.