music proposals

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

amilcare

music proposals

Post by amilcare »

Hi there,

I was looking for music development guidelines into the forum/docs.
By reading up users/developers's thoughts about current music and
other proposals plus paying attention to my personal tastes and the
feeling of the game, I come up with those proposals:

check out

http://mio.discoremoto.virgilio.it/bottedaorbi

select the files, click on "SALVA" and finally "SALVA". You are done.

I would like to receive feedback on those ones either on the technical
(about encoding rate, file sizing, etc.) and artistical side.

See you soon.
scott

Post by scott »

I like them, intro.ogg more so than beforethebattle. Do you have any intended uses in mind? intro.ogg seems like it would be good for map/story music and starting dialogue music. Beforethebattle is a little long for these uses but is similar to underground.ogg - it could be a good alternative.

What we could really use is another march or rousing, high-tempo piece. Wesnoth-6.ogg is too techno to use more than once in a campaign, but wesnoth-2.ogg is popular because it's good battle music. That and an inspiring flourishy piece could really be useful.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

I like both tracks. I agree that intro.ogg could be good during the map/story/mission info screens before each scenario. The drums and pipes of Before the battle make me think of a jungle or some sort of wilderness area, it could be a good soundtrack for a level, though it's a bit quiet.

Most of all, we love any music submitions. Music is the weakest part of Wesnoth, and personally I think any chance to add some variety to our music is a good thing. I think it would be cool to create themes for favrious factions or races (such as a loyalist theme, a elf/rebel theme and so on). But thanks for the submitions, they're much appreciated.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

The "before battle" one is cool. I like the ambiance.
The "intro" one i don't like. I think it doesn't fit the game. A bit too "dreamy"...