UMC music maintainer(s) ahoy

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

West
Retired Lord of Music

UMC music maintainer(s) ahoy

Post by West »

Instead of necroing up the old thread where I posted my UMC music some years ago, here is some more stuff. Most of the tracks are already in the UMC repo but there's a few additional ones as well.

And in case it needs to be said, I'm dual-licensing this under the GPL Wesnoth uses.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: UMC music maintainer(s) ahoy

Post by Pentarctagon »

A question I've actually had for a while, what are good settings for converting .mp3 or other files to .ogg? I've been using media.io with the High (~192 kbits/sec), but I just arbitrarily chose that since the site was convenient and High sounds decent.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

Pentarctagon wrote:A question I've actually had for a while, what are good settings for converting .mp3 or other files to .ogg? I've been using media.io with the High (~192 kbits/sec), but I just arbitrarily chose that since the site was convenient and High sounds decent.
I don't think there are *any* good settings for converting from one lossy format to another. And I don't know what conversion utility you're referring to but as ogg is (or used to be?) higher quality at lower bitrates than mp3, you can probably get away with converting a 192 mp3 to a 160 ogg without any really perceivable quality loss.

Sorry for not being able to offer these tunes in a lossless format, but mp3's were all I had for a number of them.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Alright, thanks for the info. I was referring to this site btw.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code