My orchestral soundtrack

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jeko1988

My orchestral soundtrack

Post by jeko1988 »

hi, this is my site, you can find orchestral, epic, atmosphera song, and more track.

look: http://andreagiachinicomposer.jimdo.com/

and I would like information on how you can put your own music in the game.
and to know whether one of these on my site can be good for the game

thanks
lipk

Re: My orchestral soundtrack

Post by lipk »

Hi there.

To get your music included in mainline, it has to be approved by a Lord of Music, which is pretty hopeless nowadays - none of them are really active now. Meanwhile, there's an UMC music pack (sort of unofficial content). If you're satisfied with your stuff added only there, all you need to do is to license your songs under GPLv2, upload them here (preferably in ogg format, but wav and mp3 is ok too), and wait for Pentarctagon to include them in the UMC pack.

Tha Plan is really good, although I think it should be spelled as "The Plan" :wink:
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

lipk wrote:To get your music included in mainline, it has to be approved by a Lord of Music, which is pretty hopeless nowadays - none of them are really active now.
Well, I am in fact active-ish again :)

jeko1988, you have a lot of stuff on your site, is there any particular piece you want me to listen more closely to? Also, I feel I need to quote this particular part of the Music Contribution FAQ:
We already have a lot of high quality music and all of it was written exclusively for the game. There is no reason for us to add more music just for the sake of having more music.
So with that said, would you be interested in actually composing something for the game? Or is this a case of "feel free to use my existing music because I need the exposure"? No offense intended or anything, just checking whether you're serious about contributing.
jeko1988

Post by jeko1988 »

thanks for the replies.
the point is that a lot of music I do not use, if they were good for the game I would like to propose.

my favorites are: Arrive, the hero is coming, THE plain, battle loop, we are not alone.

could be used?
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

OK, I had a listen to these tracks.

While you have a lot of nice musical ideas and your samples are good for the most part, your music has a lot of pretty severe relism issues. Machine gun-like staccatos and undynamic phrasing of notes on many instruments being the most glaring ones. There's also some arrangment/mixing problems where thematic melodies that should be at the center of attention get buried behind the accompaniment, like the horn part that comes in at ~0:34 in Arrive.

The timing is also waaay off in both The Hero is Coming and Battle Loop and probably other tunes as well. While I'm not an advocate of using quantization, I do recommend re-recording bad takes or at least correcting performances in the piano roll. You will never hear a professional orchestra play that sloppy so this is something that detracts from the realism even more.

So I'm sorry, we're not interested in any of your tracks for mainline use. They're simply not up to the standard of our present music. If you want to get your music in the game, you're going to have to work harder on the things I mentioned. And, of course, you need to be prepared to compose an original track for us.

I'm sure many UMC authors would be thrilled to use your music though!
jeko1988

Post by jeko1988 »

thanks for the reply.