Expanding UMC Music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: Expanding UMC Music

Postby fabi » March 8th, 2014, 4:16 am

Pentarctagon wrote:Thanks, that found two other errors that I had missed :)

Fine, you are welcome.

Also, one thing I've been meaning to ask for a while, would it be possible to have it not auto-scroll back to the top of the list of music after selecting a track? Selecting multiple tracks can get really annoying, especially in my case where I have 210 songs installed plus mainline.

Sure it is possible.
But not too easy.

The playlist is just a simple menu,
one whose items just call for opening the menu again after executing the rest of the playlist manipulation code.

Since there was no need for scrolled down to a certain point menus, they do not support it.
Maybe 1.12.1 will have a nicer solution.
fabi
Developer

Postby Anonymissimus » March 8th, 2014, 5:42 pm

fabi wrote:
Also given the response when I last changed the name of something, I just put the [binary_path] inside the #ifdef.
Okay, I don't agree that backwards compatibility has to be maintained at all costs, but that only said as a side note.

The referenced post of mine was written because of an accidental change happening for no reason. If there is a good reason to change the names of the music files, for instance, because that's the only way the new editor features can be used in a sensible manner, I would go for it anyway.
It's safe to assume most add-ons haven't been updated for 1.12 yet. (I probably wouldn't do it in the middle of a stable series I mean, but UMC authors need to update their add-onds around the start of a new stable series anyway.)
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Anonymissimus
Developer

Postby Pentarctagon » March 9th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Ah, my bad, based on what you wrote:
Anonymissimus wrote:In my case it would have been somewhat easier if you hadn't renamed the first book (the music is apparently the same).

I had thought in that post you were talking about the renaming of the add-on, not the accidental change to one of the songs.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Pentarctagon
Forum Administrator

Previous

Return to Music & Sound Development