Wesnoth MusicPool ?

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MetalKing

Wesnoth MusicPool ?

Post by MetalKing »

Is there any centralized Location where Authors can put there Compositions? I don't want to add something but download the whole and see what is available. I find that Authors put single Compositions for DownLoad at diverse DL-Sites but I can't get any OverView without such a Music-Pool.
"Sir! We are surrounded by our enemies!" - "Excellent ! We can attack in every direction!"
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." -- Albert Einstein
No Source - No Binary - No Trust!
Map Wesnoth Springs - The great War [200x120],Player=9
Telaron

Re: Wesnoth MusicPool ?

Post by Telaron »

MetalKing wrote:Is there any centralized Location where Authors can put there Compositions?

In answer to your question, so far as I know there is no "centralized location". If you want UMC material for a campaign you are working on or for some such project, you will have to scrounge around in the Wesnoth music forums or make use of already existing music in the game files which is about as close to a "music-pool" as you can get.

As you may already know, the Wesnoth music forums do not experience very much activity now that the game's score is pretty much finished. Because of this, not very many people are active on music development. It is a shame, but that's the way it is. Hope this answers your question. :)
Check out the FOSS game Sumwars
Wish I had more time for composing music...
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

That is not exactly true.
There are three add-ons on the add-on server which may be interesting for you: West's Chronicles I + II, with non-mainline music from West, one of the main music contributors; and UMC Music, a collection of music pieces from the forum threads.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Telaron

Post by Telaron »

True, there is the UMC Music add-on. I hadn't really considered that. I recall downloading it a while back. West's Chronicles I haven't seen though. It's been a while since I looked at the add-ons for wesnoth though. In regard to my former post, I was referring to the fact that there is no place where one could find a "complete" collection contained on one site in one file. The addon servers do have several addons that contain non-mainline works. However I don't believe that these particular addons are supported on all of the wesnoth builds' addon servers? I believe they may be on one particular one (like wesnoth 1.8 ). Does anyone know?
Check out the FOSS game Sumwars
Wish I had more time for composing music...
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

The add-ons I mentioned are to be found both on the 1.8 and 1.9/1.10 servers. See for yourself: http://addons.wesnoth.org/
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

some good stuff in the add ons.
i think i need to create a dependency with these for sxrpg :)

or i may take the sounds i want and load them up as SXRPG music ?
what is the best way?

what have kept me from adding music so far is that it extremely increases the file size.
not that this really matters a lot, but still.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.