tyler-johnson.net compositions

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

tyler-johnson.net compositions

Post by WhiteWolf »

http://www.tyler-johnson.net/compositions/

May I ask that are these downloadable songs? If yes, how? (I haven't found it out yet :roll: )
Amazing work, all of them is very good, and I would like to use some of them for a campaign.
Thanks
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
szopen

Re: Into the Land of Madness

Post by szopen »

I join the WhiteWolf request. are all those tracks available for inclusion in UMC, i.e. are they GPL-eable?
"Even when the Slav is gay the effort is often evident" -- P. R. RADOSAVLJEVICH
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: tyler-johnson.net compositions

Post by Sapient »

Since Tyler doesn't check here very often, you may want to list which ones in particular caught your interest. Not to answer for him, but I kinda doubt he is going to put GPL on everything he releases.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
szopen

Post by szopen »

Actually most of them is nice (Except Tyler's interpretation of Polish traditional christmas caroll, i couldn't stop myself singing "today in betlehem, today in betlehem" when hearing the "freedom" song) but most is unfinished. The "Dark" song seems to be good, but it is.. unfinished. However as I wrote elsewhere, I would want to a bit _different_ songs. More modernised, so to speak.
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Hi guys, although I appreciate your interest in my compositions, they're not available for GPL use, as I am under a contract with an exclusive production company. I forgot about that folder and I'll be taking it down, sorry! :D

-Tyler
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

By the way, szopen, I'm not sure which carol you're talking about. It must be a coincidental melody, because I wrote this one messing around on the piano one day. :D
szopen

Post by szopen »

Sorry, frankly my daughter didn't hear the coincidence, but once I have noticed it I was singing it every time I heard "freedom" :) This is Polish carol, look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW2wipdt ... re=related

"dzisiaj w betlejem, dzisiaj w betlejem, wesoła nowina..
..że panna czysta, że panna czysta porodziła syna"

"today in betlehem merry news, that a virgin lady had given a birth to a son"

The first part is the same, the "wesoła nowina" part is missing :)
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Oh, I can see the resemblance now. Yeah, it's quite different though, 4/4 vs. 3/4, tempo is different, but same melodic line :)

Like Mozart said "There are only 12 notes, we're bound to cross creative paths with each other at some point." :D