old music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Boldek

old music

Post by Boldek »

do we have a music library or something? I have been hunting for that old track, I cant remember the name right now, you know, the one that is used in the valley of death, HttT, which sounds like an unending snare drum solo? I can't find it, and was wondering if I can find it.
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
SkyOne

Re: old music

Post by SkyOne »

You are probably looking for "northerners.ogg" which used to be used on The Valley of Death of HttT.
It is still in core/music though.
For me, it sounds like an orcish theme or something.

EDIT: man, it has been replaced (to nicer one) since on some 1.8.x. I meant this one (attachment).
Attachments
northerner-old.zip
(356.53 KiB) Downloaded 656 times
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
boru

Post by boru »

This one really ought to be in the UMC_Music add-on.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

boru wrote:This one really ought to be in the UMC_Music add-on.
Yeah, that is a good idea.
The music is slightly too short, but it is definitely usable/useful in a special occasion on UMC. Is the UMC_Music still maintained by Huston?

Anyway, this is not music, but (I think that) "wolf-die.wav" (awooo...), that is not on BfW 1.9 anymore, also ought to be on the server of 1.9 and after for UMC (in a case).:)
Attachments
wolf-die-1.8.zip
(15.7 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server