Real Recordings

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

balt11t

Real Recordings

Post by balt11t »

I work a lot with my high school's symphonic band (I'm drum major, 1st chair hornist, et cetera), and I was wondering if I were to write a composition (or some one else), I could take it into my band and have us record it, or something similar. We do lack stringed instruments, but we also sound pretty darn good, if I say so myself :whistle: ...

So, would this be at all possible, or is it only allowed to be synthesized music?
marcusvinicius

Re: Real Recordings

Post by marcusvinicius »

If you have good compositions, a good band and a good way to record the pieces i just ask you, WHY NOT? Do you have any record of your band? Can you show that to us?
Listen to the music
O que faz de mim ser o que sou. É gostar de ir por onde ninguém for
balt11t

Post by balt11t »

I don't have any on my computer, no. I can maybe get some recording from contests (we got perfect marks), and I can upload them here. I should also say that my music theory teacher wants to do a project on Composition, and I thought it'd be cool if we could do a collaborative composition as a class, for Wesnoth.
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

balt11t wrote:So, would this be at all possible, or is it only allowed to be synthesized music?
I don't see any reason why not. Software instruments originate from the real thing — the only reason they're used around here is because it is far more economical and faster to play than actually having the real thing.

Probably the largest obstacles are going to be the sound quality of the recording, the amount of time recording takes and applying changes to your music, and editing it on the computer. For those reasons, I'm not sure what quality you're going to achieve unless you have an experienced composer with a very talented orchestra and a good sound engineer.

That being said, it doesn't still hurt to try — and you might learn many things along the way.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
balt11t

Post by balt11t »

Well, I'm definitely not an experienced composer, I don't have an actual orchestra (it's just a wind band), and we don't really have a sound engineer, ha. I may be out of my scope here.