Some music propostion

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aleksi
Music Contributor

Some music propostion

Post by Aleksi »

Here a first music proposition i did. I see it well in the main menu of the game. Going in loop until you press start. I have another music (actually three) coming on... One will be during the story telling at the begining of the first act. Anyway, here's a first crash test :o and i hope you'll enjoy it. Its not a big artwork :wink: but it fits ok. But just to say, the sounds are not definitive, as well as the mix and chords. Its just a preview.
Feel free to comment. It helps a lot. if you don't like it, please insist on wich point and why. That helps a lot too :D
On these last words, see you soon and i hope you will enjoy! 8)
Cheers,

Aleksi.

P.S. http://aleksi.free.fr/

(i almost forgot :roll: )
Sofronius

It' really good.

Post by Sofronius »

It's very good. :P
Go on.

At first, I had found it little difficult to listen to it, because I was little surprised by the style of your music. But I have listened to it once more and since then I am sure, that it is good music. I think it should be included, including original _good_ music is another important step on a long path of making BfW better and better.

Now just wait for opinion of other players and developers (especially the Masters :wink: )
miyo

Post by miyo »

Sounds good, we want more.

- Miyo
yawningdog

Post by yawningdog »

Very nice. :)
methinks

Post by methinks »

Very very nice!
I'm happy that Miyo likes it too,let's wait for Dave's opinion.
I gotta goto University so brief comment:
I see some ways of improving this piece, it could be smoothed out be less pauses ine the later stage and by adding some background bass instruments, yet this is just a suggestion will PM you later.
What about those "quick" pieces, the "action" ones you were talking about, post them, really if you don't like it it doesn't mean miyo or Dave or we humble players/contributors won't :P
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Ha ha, thx all for your comments. I'm really happy you like it! :D
Concerning your comments Methinks, i will work on more pauses and make it less linear. Actually there are bass instruments but you can't really hear them. i did a quick mix. But i'll re-arrange the music. I thank you again.
Concerning the other main music i did, its posted now. I still did not change it. I may need some good advice now because there a too many ways of changing it. I don't find it very good during game play but it fits OK during the story telling when you start the campaign. Actually i was thinking, if possible, to make a music according to the story. Like a small movie where i can really play on themes and different moods. More like a film score.
So concerning this last piece there are a lot of parts that i''ll take out. Lets say i find it more interesting starting at 1:23 min. I'll let you judge. Please listen to it more than once. It helps a lot. :)

And last note. I'm changing sorftware and system next week so i should get loads of new good sounds. But i'll also have a small period where i will not be able to post so much music. Configuring and learning new soft :p

Cheers :)

Aleksi.

P.S. Again: :arrow: http://aleksi.free.fr/
miyo

Post by miyo »

methinks wrote: let's wait for Dave's opinion.
I don't see need for that. When we have loads of music to choose from them we can start dropping something out. And no, we are nowhere near having a lot of music just waiting for us to pick the good ones.
methinks wrote: What about those "quick" pieces, the "action" ones you were talking about, post them, really if you don't like it it doesn't mean miyo or Dave or we humble players/contributors won't :P
Let us not forget fmunoz... he has the eyes, maybe he also has the ears. Anyway, I agree with methinks and you should post everything for us to listen - unless you really, really, really don't want to do it.

- Miyo
methinks

Post by methinks »

I'm really sorry fmunoz I though you where just a regular contributor, didn't really know. Truly, you've done most of graphics, heh. Sorry again :)
And right, e do not have much to choose from. I will go over and ask one guy from pixelation he is a composer too maybe he will provide us with some sounds too so we will have more.
miyo

Post by miyo »

methinks wrote: I'm really sorry fmunoz I though you where just a regular contributor, didn't really know.
http://www.wesnoth.org/about.htm

Dave and fmunoz are listed under developers... I am listed under contributors.

- Miyo
methinks

Post by methinks »

Didn't know really :/
Again sorry, heh.

Well, you are so active that you give this kind of impression ;)
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

And right, e do not have much to choose from. I will go over and ask one guy from pixelation he is a composer too maybe he will provide us with some sounds too so we will have more
Ok, but you have to be sure of what you want concerning music. Because if you have too many musicians doing different musics it will be very confusing since everyone has different styles. Usually movies or game scores have only one composer. No?
methinks

Post by methinks »

Sure but noone will hire a musician here that will do so much job.
Will take it on your shoulders? Keep in mind that there is need for hell lot of soundtracks :)
We surely do not want this messy, right :) But I doubt that anyone will dare to try to compose a full soundtrack for a certain campaign. You as far have provided some nice music.
Oh btw, the new one is really nice and dramatic, heh :)

I dunno, probably will fit to our storytelling. Or maybe undead campaign?
It would also be quite nice to emphasise dramatic situation in Valley of Death, heh. So it as well could serve to that scenario. But you would definitely need to get rid of this sudden change that happens soon after 1st minute. Also I would drop the flute thing if it would serve this campaign.
On the other hand if we were going for storytelling thing then I gues we could try to record lector-thing stuff with a decent voice and add a music. There would be no <next> button though, lenght of inter-pauses would have to be determined before and the music shoudl suit what lector is saying. Well dunno, will go over and ask my friend if some of his friends-actors in London would be able to record. Definitely we need a low male voice, heh.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

There are 2 campaigns (1st one with 25 levelsa and a initial story screens) also a tutorial (only 1 level now, more planned), a multiplayer lobby, a starting screen a (not yet done) credits screen...
Every musician could do a different part to keep them in the same style. i.e. somobody like metal and goth music.. main candidate for the undead campaign.
Feel free to post your here ideas and comments about the music (even the one alredy in the game)
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I know so very little about music, but I know what I like listening too, and I think Romi's music sounds good :)

If you send the music to me in Ogg Vorbis format, I will add it to the game, Romi.

I would love to have a dedicated, talented musician who would be willing to produce all the tracks for the game. If Romi, or anyone, wants to do that, then great. Otherwise, we will have to continue to take whatever we can get.

David
azlan

Some music..

Post by azlan »

I talked to my music friends(my metal band) if they were on for some fantasy game music.. And they liked the idea.. So we'r starting to get some tones on it.. But we like the "real" music stuff so no midi here.. :)
So it will take a little longer.. Have to go to the studio and stuff.. :)
It will be like Blind Guardian without the fat guitars.. :)

P.S

We will not make metal music..
If you would like some metal music please send me a mail... ok?
|----------------------|
| The Lion is Back |
|----------------------|