Some music propostion

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Maybe we could (in future) implement support for wider scale of victory/loss music. This piece would be used if player have won but has lost more than half of his army, or something like that.
Thanks for the advices :D I perfectly agree! Its also a very good idea creating different kind of Victory/loss conditions. i'll work on it. And for the music i did, yes it is too glorious! I did so fast yesterday and when i came back from class i was pretty disapointed :roll: . But its a start and you advices help a lot. Take care,

Aleksi.
miyo

Post by miyo »

I would like to remind that anyone can create WesnothMusic page to our Wiki and start listing what has been done, what needs to be done, what is being done and by who.

- Miyo
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Hello,

I posted a new music i did here. I did it pretty fast but its just an idea. Percussions will be less repetitive and snare drums will also be out. And the end will not be like that. it was just to put something :). i'll be waiting for your feedback. Enjoy,

Aleksi.

http://aleksi.free.fr/
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Hum! Sorry but i just deleted the music. Its not good enough. I'll work on it more. I got to enthusiastic! Sorry! :oops:

Aleksi.
methinks

Post by methinks »

I wasn't quick enough to get it, heh.
Wel I think it is okey to post some ideas and wait for suggestions on what can stay and what is totally wrong :)
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Yeah i know. I'm sorry. Its just that in the moment it was ok for me. But after 2 hours i listened to it again and oops! Not quick good enough to post! But it will be here soon... :)

Aleksi.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Ok, i just finished an updated version of this music (called "In Game"). its on the server. The end still sucks but you get a good idea of the piece. Hope you like it. :? I'm going to sleep now... :D

Aleksi.

http://aleksi.free.fr/
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Aleksi wrote:Ok, i just finished an updated version of this music (called "In Game"). its on the server. The end still sucks but you get a good idea of the piece. Hope you like it. :? I'm going to sleep now... :D
I think the music sounds good...although then, I thought the original sounded pretty good too :)

When you tell me you think it's ready, I will add it to the game.

David
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

When you tell me you think it's ready, I will add it to the game.
I have two other musics coming along but i will focus on the two long ones you listened to so you can include them in the next v. of Wesnoth.

Aleksi.
methinks

Post by methinks »

Quite nice it is :)
Now, for some more useful comments than saying "it is so great":
At the beginning the percussion seems strange it only fits when this trumptet or whatnot kicks in.
I also think that you are trying for too much variety in the tracks. I don't say we need monotony, but this is fantasy strategy game. I would totally get rid of piano as it does not fit fantasy for me. I presonally dislike dramatic trumpetlike instruments playin not rythmically, it is so orchestral but I think that it would fit game more if you would try to make it as rythmic and clean as possible. Also tracks could be more integrative, so to speak. I mean they should be similar from beginning to the end (not one to another but every one should not change during play THAT MUCH).

Anyay nice work, I am happy that BfW will now have more good music :)
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Yes, i understand what you say. I'll write it all down and see what i can change. Maybe the fact that i change a lot is that i used to repeat stuff too much... Now i learned to do the contrary and always suprise the listener ;) But its true and i agree. I'll make things less complicated and more suitable for a Fantasy type game. Anyway thanks for the advice :)

Aleksi.