Considering making a music submission/Help wanted

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dratz-_C

Considering making a music submission/Help wanted

Post by Dratz-_C »

Hello,
I have some music on http://www.soundclick.com/chrisdratz for which I mainly have either wav versions for what I did before a computer crash or project files for the music I did with a newer computer. There are a few actual compositions, and then some sketches. On the off chance that you want to use some of my music as is or want to alter it, that's fine with me. In any case, I am thinking about working on a new or adapted piece for Wesnoth. My present orchestral template is demonstrated in Nightingale-_Beren-s_Luthien. Does anyone have a music request with examples for me to listen to and emulate?
Cheers,
Chris Dratz
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Considering making a music submission/Help wanted

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi,

Is there a way to download any of those without signing up? If not, could you post one of them somewhere else?

Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Dratz-_C

Post by Dratz-_C »

Hey,
There isn't a way to download them rather than just listening to them there without registering at SoundClick for the moment. I could e-mail you them in a 7zip file. My e-mail address is cmdratz at yahoo.com, and you can e-mail me there if you don't want to put your e-mail address in a post here. Or, If you know of a good place to put them up, please tell me and I will try that. You are definitely welcome.
Cheers,
Chris
CheeseLord

Post by CheeseLord »

I'd recommend either box.net or http://soundcloud.com/ ;)
Lord of Cheese.....especially Parmesan!!!
None shall stand against the Dwarfs in their homeland

Top 3 quotes by a developer:

1. Locked
2. Do it yourself
3. "No"
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

The free & limited version of http://www.rapidshare.com is another option that should work, for a small number of files at least.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Dratz-_C

Post by Dratz-_C »

Hey,
I've created a folder on Box.net with the music that was on the other website. The editor link is http://www.box.net/signup/collablink/d_ ... b417154fcd ; the viewer link is http://www.box.net/signup/collablink/d_ ... 14927a8d21 . Thanks for helping me find a better place than SoundClick to put the stuff. (The bitrate for the 10 MP3 files is 128kbps, which was a limitation of SoundClick. I can present some of them to you in FLAC, if you want, and I have a couple of project files for Sonar 5 for some others.)
Cheers,
Chris
CheeseLord

Post by CheeseLord »

box net doesn't need registration to download...after uploading the file, there's a option to share, which provides a separate link ;)
Lord of Cheese.....especially Parmesan!!!
None shall stand against the Dwarfs in their homeland

Top 3 quotes by a developer:

1. Locked
2. Do it yourself
3. "No"
Dratz-_C

Post by Dratz-_C »

Last edited by Dratz-_C on February 5th, 2011, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Dratz-_C wrote:I think you are right, because I have since seen other people share share music with box.net. I'll try sharing them, as you described.
The box.net links do work now.
Dratz-_C (in original post) wrote:In any case, I am thinking about working on a new or adapted piece for Wesnoth. My present orchestral template is demonstrated in Nightingale-_Beren-s_Luthien. Does anyone have a music request with examples for me to listen to and emulate?
I'll toss up a suggestion, and it's only a suggestion.

Updating or replacing this: frantic.ogg

It is not very much like Nightingale-_Beren-s_Luthien, but it is the Wesnoth track that could most stand updating, I believe.