Who is your favorite music composer(s)?

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Swift

Who is your favorite music composer(s)?

Post by Swift »

As said in the title, who is your favorite composer now a days? And why? :) I would really like to hear what you like and what inspires you when YOU are making music.

My favorite at the moment, and probably why I became interested in making music was two composers/artists:
ES Posthumus and Hans Zimmer.

The reason why I like them so much, is because alot of their music moves me, they often have a very touching theme to their songs, alot of good melodies. (My english is BAD!)

Check out the piece: ES Posthumus - Indra. Loooove the way they use strings etc., mixed with newer instruments like guitar, drums etc. :D

(Hope this topic isn't against the rules of this forum!)

yours,
marcusvinicius

Re: Who is your favorite music composer(s)?

Post by marcusvinicius »

Actually, my favourite composers are not the composers that give me inspiration to compose Wesnoth-like songs. The composers I use to listen are Radamés Gnatalli, Villa-Lobos, Leo Brower and and some rock composers like Robert Fripp. I think Wesnoth music got the Hans Zimmer Way and most of Digital music composers that I know have that style.
Good bye!

PS.: Have a look on a Radamés piece played by myself in a classical guitar http://www.4shared.com/audio/ImIkVLqv/m ... i_toc.html
Listen to the music
O que faz de mim ser o que sou. É gostar de ir por onde ninguém for
Swift

Post by Swift »

wow, nice guitar play marc! I'll take a look at the composers:)
marcusvinicius

Post by marcusvinicius »

I really recomend you to do that :eng: Villa-Lobos is one of the most famous modern Guitar composers, people of whole world play his compositions. But I think we should give a special attention to the Wesnoth composers, they are great too :mrgreen:
Listen to the music
O que faz de mim ser o que sou. É gostar de ir por onde ninguém for