Inbetween Music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

CheeseLord

Inbetween Music

Post by CheeseLord »

Hi all,

First of all, sry for not being around - life's busy for me ATM :D Anyway..

I've whittled away the last few hours on this: http://www.box.net/shared/p1quo6e4l9 It was originally as a possible candidate as a alternative to transience.ogg in mainline, but TBH, I think you guys would be better in thinking of a suitable place for it. It's almost finished (apart from the last 5-10 seconds or so) , so yeah, any comments/suggestions?? :D

Of course, like usual with any piece concerning my somewhat noobier composition skills, there is the question of whether it's good enough for mainline (I'm not sure to be honest, am a little too involved in the piece to comment in a unbiased manner)

Thanks for listening, and hope you enjoy the music!!

EDIT: And BTW it's been mixed with headphones >_> - sry!!
Lord of Cheese.....especially Parmesan!!!
None shall stand against the Dwarfs in their homeland

Top 3 quotes by a developer:

1. Locked
2. Do it yourself
3. "No"
marcusvinicius

Re: Inbetween Music

Post by marcusvinicius »

It sounded good.
Listen to the music
O que faz de mim ser o que sou. É gostar de ir por onde ninguém for
CheeseLord

Post by CheeseLord »

Thanks MarcusVinicus!!

Updated version here, structurally finished now :) , though I think the audio quality's a little off compared to previously (didn't export it in a high enough bitrate or something like that :whistle: )

http://www.box.net/shared/p1quo6e4l9

1. Locked
2. Do it yourself
3. "No"
H-Hour

Post by H-Hour »

I like the feel of the piece. The second one is definitely too tinny compared to the first. And I think you need to work on the ending, it feels a bit abrupt for this piece. Let me go a little more gently. Right now it sounds like you just turn the volume dial down.
Ewing

Post by Ewing »

Hi CheeseLord, I really like this!

I know your mix isn't finished yet, but when you begin/continue that process, I would suggest you cut out some of the "boominess" on the low end. It kind of muddies up the harp, pizz(?) and lower perc sounds. It might be the reverb contributing to this. One way I've corrected that in the past is to put the reverb on a bus for problematic (boomy) instruments and adjust the lower freqs of the reverb (using a high pass filter, etc.) on that particular bus. Another option would be to eq each instrument separately. Or do both! :D

At :42, right before the strings' chord change, is that an errant G#? It adds a dissonance in the background that sounds a little out of place (almost as if a sustain pedal were held a bit too long?) It may be intentional, but it stood out to my ear on subsequent listens.

My only other critique is probably just a matter of taste, but I don't care for the final flute - C# B C# - at the end. It feels a little too tidy for me.

Nice work!
CheeseLord

Post by CheeseLord »

Hi there,
Been doing giving this a new gloss of paint - few little things removed and inserted. I'd like to finally have a shot at submitting for mainline (not amazingly optimistic), but hey, I reckon it's worth a go! C&C are welcome.

Hope you enjoy :)

http://www.box.net/shared/p1quo6e4l9

1. Locked
2. Do it yourself
3. "No"
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

It sounds nice, maybe it's a "revelation.ogg" alternative rather than "transience.ogg"
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Astra

Post by Astra »

sounds good, not bad at all and an interesting cord at the beginning overall a pretty good piece. I think it's suitable for the mainline campaigns. Keep up the good work!
StandYourGround
Location: On a blue ball spinning through space at incomprehensible speed

Post by StandYourGround »

I will now resume lurking silently.