A Musical Revival

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

A Musical Revival

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Hello Wesnothians, I've been quite busy and haven't been as active on the boards as I used to be. But I've had some free time lately, and have continued to work on this track that I had submitted this track a while back and was strongly encouraged to finish it. It's still not complete, but the A and B sections are nearing completion. I'm not sure where I'll go with it next, but I'll definitely be finishing this one finally :) Any comments are appreciated, and yes I know the mix is crap, I haven't gotten to that stage yet ;)

-Tyler

New Wesnoth Music
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: A Musical Revival

Post by Sapient »

Here's a link to the previous thread

It is great, and that's an understatement. To my untrained ears I don't hear any flaws. Out of curiosity, what did you change since last time, and what are you still planning to alter?

If anything, maybe it should be a bit longer.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
PPH

Post by PPH »

Very good. This is very nice. Part A sounds like battle and chaos. Part B sounds calmer, with tension, like the accompaniment of a scene in which a group of soldiers is waiting in the night for the enemy to attack.

(I only listened to the piece once for now; these are first impressions, written one hour after listening to the piece).
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

What Sapient said. Incredible work, IMO.
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Hello Tyler,
please post an ogg based version (if you consider it finished)
so I can go and commit it.
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Hi fabi, this one is not completed yet.

If it gets to that point, I usually send my wav's to West for his encoding magic. He adds tags, title, composer, genre etc.
azrael1322

Post by azrael1322 »

This is really cool. I would like to hear the A section just come back again, I like the trumpet lines in that section a lot. Great job pairing some of those different percussion hits together. Also really liked the dissonances you used around 1:10 and the harmony at 1:30. Maybe those are some things you could develop in the next part? The only critiques I could offer would be the instrument near :48 sounds a little weird to me, maybe that's a mix thing though. Anyway, you inspired me to finish the one I've been working on so thanks and hope to hear more of this soon!