Request: Sci-fi music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dragonchampion

Request: Sci-fi music

Post by Dragonchampion »

Been a while, hasn't it? Well, I would like any musical help from you guys with any music you might have that sounds sci-fi ish? If you have any, please post here. :mrgreen:
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Telaron

Re: Request: Sci-fi music

Post by Telaron »

Well, West created a piece here under Space Marines. :D

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28718
Check out the FOSS game Sumwars
Wish I had more time for composing music...
azrael1322

Post by azrael1322 »

Hi there!
Well, this is sorta random... It's feels a bit sci fi ish to me. Pretty synthy, I wrote it...for some reason? I'm not really sure why, but anyway, if it's interesting to you at all let me know. Take care!

http://www.box.net/shared/5g8qm0zrod
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

West's music is very well done, but a little short. nevertheless, Ill see what I can do with it; maybe for a short scenario?

Azrael's is good, especially when it picks up. The length is nice, and I am thinking of making it a mainline TWoT song. Very nice work; if you can make any more like this I would be grateful.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
azrael1322

Post by azrael1322 »

Hi there!
Thanks Dragonchampion, glad you liked it! It would be great with me if you decide to use it in your campaign, let me know if you do! Haven't tried TWoT yet but I will check it out this week when I have some time to actually play. As for tracks, I'll keep you posted if/when I do some more like this, I know the next few weeks will be too busy, but the summer should have lots of free time for me. Take care!
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

Sorry about never finishing that tune I started making for you Dragonchampion. But IIRC my main computer croaked before I got a chance to finish it, and my whole setup has changed since then. I had to rebuild my sample/plugin collection from scratch, plus I don't use Cubase anymore.

If I find the time, I'll make it up to you by writing something entirely new. But it might be a while.
azrael1322

Post by azrael1322 »

Hey West, cool song by the way. I really think you get the horns to sound great, and it's a good blend of acoustic and slightly less acoustic sounds. Out of curiosity what DAW are you using now? Sorry if that's a little off topic :)
I just ask because I am currently using cubase myself and wonder why you might've switched.
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

azrael1322 wrote:Out of curiosity what DAW are you using now? Sorry if that's a little off topic :)
I just ask because I am currently using cubase myself and wonder why you might've switched.
I bought a REAPER license about a year ago and I haven't looked back once. On those occasions when I have to fire up Cubase to render an old project or something, I'm amazed at how clunky it feels compared to REAPER. My main reason for switching was that my Cubase version was getting a bit dated (SX2) and I couldn't really motivate myself to upgrade to a newer version. Cubase, like all the other major DAW players out there, is basically overpriced bloatware. I also refuse to support companies who use h/w dongles. I wanted something leaner and more modern, and the choice fell on REAPER as it's 1) incredibly powerful and flexible, 2) very fairly priced, and 3) has no intrusive copy protection. Plus that the development pace is insane, there's a new version every 2 weeks or so with bugfixes and new features, and the community is awesome.

Definitely the best $60 I've ever spent.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

I've made a short piece that can be looped. Can't get it to be just .ogg though.
Attachments
TWOT.ogg.band.zip
(561.5 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
StandYourGround
Location: On a blue ball spinning through space at incomprehensible speed

Post by StandYourGround »

That's just a loop of some Apple samples in Garageband. No melody or anything. If anyone really wants to hear it, I can export the audio out of GarageBand, but it's nothing particularly special, tbh.

By the way, simply saving a GarageBand project with .ogg at the end of the name doesn't make it an ogg audio file. :P You have to export as MP3 ot other audio format, and convert it to OGG in another program. Far as I know, GarageBand does not export to OGG.
I will now resume lurking silently.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

StandYourGround wrote:Far as I know, GarageBand does not export to OGG.
It doesn't. Probably due to the fact that 99% of all media players don't support the .ogg format. Generally .ogg is used by games that have engines capable of decoding the .ogg format.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

artisticdude wrote:Probably due to the fact that 99% of all media players don't support the .ogg format.
Thank you for the unfounded statement of the day. :annoyed:
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

shadowmaster wrote:Thank you for the unfounded statement of the day. :annoyed:
I was exaggerating to prove a point. My comment was founded on my personal experience; none of the media players I've ever used have supported the .ogg format. :hmm:
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
PPH

Post by PPH »

artisticdude wrote:
shadowmaster wrote:Thank you for the unfounded statement of the day. :annoyed:
I was exaggerating to prove a point. My comment was founded on my personal experience; none of the media players I've ever used have supported the .ogg format. :hmm:
Then use a good one, such as XMPlay :D
Telaron

Post by Telaron »

I originally wrote this for my campaign, but I.m not sure if I'm going to use it or not. It is supposed to be a space themed song and I wrote it with that in mind. I wasn't too sure if it would fit in with my campaign, so I decided to post it here. It is definitely not complete and I am still rewriting the 2nd part because it sounds a bit too much like the first.
Attachments
They Are Coming cv.mp3.zip
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 492 times
Check out the FOSS game Sumwars
Wish I had more time for composing music...