Winter music on piano?

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dunno

Winter music on piano?

Post by Dunno »

I have a friend who can compose and play fantastic songs on piano and she has one called "winter landscape". To be honest, I don't see winter when listening to it, but I'm no music critic. Anyway, before asking her to record anything, I wanted to ask you if you need any winter theme. I checked in core/music and searched the forum and found nothing. So what do you think?
Oh, and I have to warn you that we both don't have too much time and I'll be able to post a demo or how'd you call it later (it's the same reason I ask you first). Maybe on Saturday.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Winter music on piano?

Post by artisticdude »

There's a song in IftU called 'Snowfall', but other than that, there's no winter music I know of. Post a demo, by all means, though it should preferably be orchestrated if possible. I'll also add that I strongly recommend your friend get a forum account, as it makes the song much easier to critique and those who use the song know whom to accredit.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Post it, let's hear it.

Although I'm not sure how fitting a solo piano track would be for Wesnoth...if it's a track I would suggest adding a flute or oboe or something to make it more fitting, but I can't say anything without hearing it first so until then...

-Tyler
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

OK cool, I'm gonna post it ASAP. The bad news is, I'm afraid she won't be able to have an account here. We are Polish and only I can speak English. We go to the same class at school though, I can tell her about every comment, everyday.
Well we have an appearance next Tuesday and hopefully we'll have more time after that. At present we are working on length. She has an electric keyboard, so she can add cellos or whatever, I have to find the proper cable though. Just wanted to let you know I didn't forgot :wink:
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Well we have an appearance next Tuesday and hopefully we'll have more time after that and we'll start some recording. At present we are working on the length. She has an electric keyboard, so she can add cellos or whatever, I have to find the proper cable though. Just wanted to let you know I didn't forgot :wink: