Full Length Epic Northerners Battle Theme

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Full Length Epic Northerners Battle Theme

Post by zookeeper »

Since edits don't show up as new posts, I'm gonna post this just to make sure that the relevant people notice it. ;)

So, not that there seems to be any disagreement, but it's a really good track. We'll replace northerners.ogg with this, right? I think this is about as good a fit for a direct replacement as could be asked for, so I'd be in favour of finally getting the old track out.
PPH

Post by PPH »

Great work!
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

Hah! I've listened to this tune many times but only just now did I realize it's in 5/4... excellent work on the groove there
TreizeCouleurs.

Anyhow, this is an excellent update and I have nothing to object against. This piece is definitely ready for mainline.

Great work!
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

West wrote:Hah! I've listened to this tune many times but only just now did I realize it's in 5/4... excellent work on the groove there
TreizeCouleurs.

Anyhow, this is an excellent update and I have nothing to object against. This piece is definitely ready for mainline.

Great work!
Uhm, okay, since it is ready for mainline, two questions:
1) Where can I get the file as .ogg in "reasonable quality" (IIRC this was something like ogg quality level 6 or 7, West should know it more precisely).
2) How do you want to appear in the credits, TreizeCouleurs?
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

ivanovic wrote:
West wrote:Hah! I've listened to this tune many times but only just now did I realize it's in 5/4... excellent work on the groove there
TreizeCouleurs.

Great work!
Uhm, okay, since it is ready for mainline, two questions:
1) Where can I get the file as .ogg in "reasonable quality" (IIRC this was something like ogg quality level 6 or 7, West should know it more precisely).
4 Posts above.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Any plans regarding when to commit this one, fabi? Is it meant to directly replace northerners.ogg? If it is you can commit it to both, branches/1.8 and trunk. If it is meant to get a new name, commit it just to trunk. That is: at least regarding IRC as of April 10th you planned to commit this:
http://www.wesnoth.org/irclogs/2010/04/ ... -04-10.log
20100410 14:13:03< fendrin> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 15#p420815 Ivanovic: I can handle that.
20100410 14:14:53< Ivanovic> fendrin: i saw the quality 8.0 file, but i thought our "normal" quality was lower
20100410 14:14:59< Ivanovic> anyway, feel free to handle this one
20100410 14:15:17< Ivanovic> if it is a direct replacement (as in "keep the same name") feel free to add it to trunk as well as 1.8
20100410 14:15:38< Ivanovic> if it gets a new name and the old northerners.ogg is removed: just add it to trunk
20100410 14:15:50< fendrin> Ivanovic: Do you mind a higher quality? I guess the difference in filesize is low.
20100410 14:15:50< Ivanovic> and don't forget to add the changelog entry
20100410 14:16:07< Ivanovic> the difference is likely to be some 2MB anywa
20100410 14:16:08< Ivanovic> y
20100410 14:17:00< Ivanovic> (it depends on the lenght of the song and so on, anyway, it does probably make some huge difference so i'd prefer the songs all to be on the same "good enough" level with "reasonable size"
When committing it please do not forget to add TreizeCouleurs under "Music and Sound Contributors" in the credits. Please add him as "Stephen Rozanc".
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Commited to the 1.8 branch, trunk will follow.
homunculus

Post by homunculus »

(sorry for being a jerk.)
somehow it so happened that i copied the old northerners as custom music into my umc.

true, i wasn't quite using it in the sense of 'northerners', but rather as 'determined plots'.

i am curious about whether the old northerners or another piece of music with same feel would ever make a reappearance in mainline in some form?
you see, as far as i understand, having the old northerners as custom music in the umc blocks out the new northerners, and i am not quite certain it would be nice to rename the file.
campaign ruthless in your nearest 1.11 add-on server
some wesnoth-related drawings
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Why would it be bad to rename the file? Just call it something like "northerners-classic.ogg" or "northerners2.ogg".
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects