Something new...

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Re: Something new...

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Ah man, I just realized this is the "Into the Shadows" thread. Sorry I have 2 threads going here.

Yeah, I can see the Danny Elfman resemblance here.

I was going from Cm to Ab which is a common Elfmanism. He does a lot of tritonal harmony. Like C to Gb.

The diminished chords in the middle are dissonant over a C minor chord, similar to what he would do. yeah I can see that.

As far as the ending goes, if you listen carefully there are slight harp plucks that SHOULD put an ending to the song, perhaps it sounds differently in my head than it did when I actually created it. I also created this with headphones on, so on normal speakers, it may be tough to hear the subtle nuances.

This should already be mainlined, I'm not sure why it's not in the current release. I messaged West about it, but I know he's busy being a dad and all. I don't know if zookeeper or Rain has any more info on it.

This one and casualties of war were in the last release, but not the current one.

PPH, thanks for the comments, I was just confused as to which song you were talking about because I thought we were on a different thread, my bad.

-Tyler
PPH

Post by PPH »

That explains the fact that we seemed to be talking about different pieces of music :lol2:
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Tyler Johnson wrote:This should already be mainlined, I'm not sure why it's not in the current release. I messaged West about it, but I know he's busy being a dad and all. I don't know if zookeeper or Rain has any more info on it.
I'll handle it. Please PM me a link with the Ogg Vorbis file (don't forget to use a sampling rate of 44.1 KHz to match the rest...).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Hey shadowmaster, West has the encoded ogg file. I sent him a .wav and he did his encoding magic to it and should have it.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Committed (which means it'll be available in version 1.7.6 onwards).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.