Main Menu

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aleksi
Music Contributor

Main Menu

Post by Aleksi »

Here is a little music that i think would suit well with the main menu of the game. A small music that could be looped.

http://aleksi.free.fr/Wesnoth/Requirements/Finished/

Cheers,

Aleksi.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

I waited a few days but nobody seems to have noticed this one. :roll:
If it where for me, i would replace the Menu music by this one. I'll wait for Dave's confirmation.

Aleksi.
cedric

Post by cedric »

Aleksi wrote:I waited a few days but nobody seems to have noticed this one. :roll:
I think it's better than the current one. Though, I'd like to know your plans for Main Theme. This one was a really great piece of music. :) Sure, it does not loop, but does it really have to? My personal preference goes to such longer piece of music with more diversity, rather than small music made for looping, which can quickly become boring.
Aleksi wrote:If it where for me, i would replace the Menu music by this one. I'll wait for Dave's confirmation.
Eh, don't forget you are in charge of the Wesnoth music. If you tell it is ready to go in game, I add it.

--
Cedric
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

It's... so sad... is there no hope for the realm of Wesnoth? :cry:
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
miyo

Post by miyo »

Aleksi wrote:If it where for me, i would replace the Menu music by this one
Go for it (and anyways, you are in charge of music). So it can be added as we can always later switch back to old if we really want to.

- Miyo
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Sangel wrote:It's... so sad... is there no hope for the realm of Wesnoth? :cry:
Well, isn't it a tragic story anyway? :roll: We can always change it later. I think its good if we start replacing musics by more adequat ones for the moment. Then i can always change it. Or someone else...

And Cedric, i am still working on the so called "Main Theme". It will not be called that way because its no longer a theme like i wanted it. But it will be longer and its coming soon! I'm actually working on another theme now. Same genre as "Main Theme".

Miyo, ok! Put it in! :wink: We'll see how it fits and people's reaction.

Cheers,

Aleksi.
cedric

Post by cedric »

Aleksi wrote:And Cedric, i am still working on the so called "Main Theme". It will not be called that way because its no longer a theme like i wanted it. But it will be longer and its coming soon! I'm actually working on another theme now. Same genre as "Main Theme".
Cool. Can't wait to hear it! :)
Aleksi wrote:Put it in! :wink:
Now in CVS.

Should we get rid of wesnoth-1.ogg?
--
Cedric
krom

Post by krom »

PERFECT!!!

9 out of 10 for this one.
I would add 1 point more if the song was longer, its a little short, and if the player stays in the main menu reading the hints(for example) the song will repeat too many times.
miyo

Post by miyo »

Aleksi,

we are missing you in IRC. We want your opinions and comments. And you can get more instant feedback there...

- Miyo
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

miyo wrote:Aleksi,

we are missing you in IRC. We want your opinions and comments. And you can get more instant feedback there...

- Miyo
Lol, i know! I still could'nt figure out how to connect on IRC... :oops:
I need to find a good soft on Mac OS X and spend some time to figure it out. Yeah yeah, i know its not hard, but i'll look into it very soon... :wink:

Aleksi.
autolycus

Post by autolycus »

Your main theme is very baroque - reminds me of cathedrals and medieval human settings - goes with the human perspective well. But it is not so sympathetic to the many other races in Wesnoth. Nevertheless, it's a beautiful piece.

The main menu piece I think has too long an attack setting, so it makes the whole thing seem very mournful. Again, it's very human-oriented, somehow.

I also listened to your mountain piece - I felt the strings should be in a lower register; strings don't seem very dwarvish somehow, but there is a case for using strings to emulate the wind in the mountains/caves, I suppose. The use of percussion is very appropriate.

Is there any music for the elves? *grin*
as kingfishers catch fire
so dragonflies draw flame
-GMH
miyo

Post by miyo »

Aleksi wrote:I need to find a good soft on Mac OS X and spend some time to figure it out.
http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/mac/

- Miyo
ziberpunk

Post by ziberpunk »

miyo wrote:
Aleksi wrote:I need to find a good soft on Mac OS X and spend some time to figure it out.
http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/mac/

- Miyo
Or just download mozilla and use its IRC client
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

autolycus wrote:Your main theme is very baroque - reminds me of cathedrals and medieval human settings - goes with the human perspective well. But it is not so sympathetic to the many other races in Wesnoth. Nevertheless, it's a beautiful piece.

The main menu piece I think has too long an attack setting, so it makes the whole thing seem very mournful. Again, it's very human-oriented, somehow.

I also listened to your mountain piece - I felt the strings should be in a lower register; strings don't seem very dwarvish somehow, but there is a case for using strings to emulate the wind in the mountains/caves, I suppose. The use of percussion is very appropriate.

Is there any music for the elves? *grin*
All the musics i have done until now where oriented for Humans. Once i finish them, i'll move to the next races. I got a few things for the Undeads but i wan't to finish them a bit before posting.
ziberpunk wrote:
Or just download mozilla and use its IRC client
Thanks guys. I'll look into that!

Good day all,

Aleksi.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

I wouldn't remove wesnoth-1.ogg. It fits water levels quite nicely.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom