Main Menu

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

MadMax wrote:I wouldn't remove wesnoth-1.ogg. It fits water levels quite nicely.
I must agree. For the moment we can keep it. Then when we have enough music when can remove it.

Aleksi.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

*update*

Ok, here we have the HUMAN Campaign music "part 2":

-Intro violins. Its just an idea how this part will be introduced.
-Then comes the theme with other instruments that repeats twice. Will be longer.
-Then comes the part (which i prefer) with the Tubas shouting! It is actually a representation of the War.
-The part that follows with the percussive instruments and low cello/tubas is the representation of actual confusion in combat. The masses killing each other. Then comes the Trombones in fade-in which finishes in a major chord and clears the confusion into...
-The piano part which takes the shouting Tubas theme at start and goes back to a heroic sentiment!
-Then comes the end... Slow Oboe sound... Takes you into the peaceful night... where everything is gentle and calm... but you still have a sad feeling about the horrible wars you've lived...
-Now comes the same melody arranged for Organ. Ok ok... yes it sound like you are in church. Well, i chose it because basically all the music you've ever listened in Europe was created by religious people. Wesnoth has nothing to do with religion. But humans do. Past is based on it. That's why i like this feeling for this campaign. Its just a wink on a cultural point of view. You can agree or not, it is not imposed. We are in a democracy now, and not in a absolute monarchy. :wink:

To finish, none of this music is 100% done. None of these are correctly linked to each other. These are just ideas to be played with. So it will slowly come along with rest...

Comments appreciated.

Aleksi.

P.S. This is the sequel to "main theme". BTW, could someone change the name of this thread to "HUMAN CAMPAIGN MUSIC". Thx ;)

PP.S PLEASE DO NOT START A THREAD ABOUT WHATEVER RELIGIOUS FEELING YOU GOT! YOU CAN POST IT IN THE "OFF-TOPIC" FORUM FOR THAT!
autolycus

Aleksi: re Part II Main Theme

Post by autolycus »

I find it odd that the oboe part actually seems louder and richer than the battle part... Somehow, the feeling is that this is just a small battle or only the faint memory of a battle. At the end, the music sort of grinds to a halt, very crude-sounding and abrupt. I think your complete version will probably be smoother, yes?
as kingfishers catch fire
so dragonflies draw flame
-GMH
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Yes, there is a lot of arranging to do. And i have to put all the instruments to good sound levels. The choice of instrument may also not be the final ones.

Aleksi.
Roel

Post by Roel »

Intro is absolutely brilliant

cool piece sounds classical but then it doesn't, it might be to "in the face" but then again i wouldn't mind

really good and I like the way you don't use percussion :D
Kruznak

Post by Kruznak »

Aleksi wrote: I need to find a good soft on Mac OS X and spend some time to figure it out.
Hello! Try this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xchataqua

It's very cool.

Kruznak
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Ok, here is part 3. It is the sequel of part 2. Some parts where taken off. I have to rework them. Basically i'm going to try ending this piece with this part. So i can finally work on all 3 parts together and make a single track. And start the other campaigns... :wink:

http://aleksi.free.fr/Wesnoth/Requirements/Unfinished/

Cheers,

Aleksi.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Hmmmm. I've just listened to "Part 2", and I'm afraid I don't like the piano piece. There's nothing wrong with the melody, it just doesn't seem the right instrument for battlefield music.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Sangel wrote:Hmmmm. I've just listened to "Part 2", and I'm afraid I don't like the piano piece. There's nothing wrong with the melody, it just doesn't seem the right instrument for battlefield music.
Agreed.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Yeah, i know. I'm still thinking of how to use this part.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Ok guys i'm back on the road! This start of the year has been very tough! I am currently investing in a whole new audio system and i'll have it within the next week! New music in perspective!!! See you very soon! :wink:

Aleksi. 8)
cedric

Post by cedric »

Aleksi wrote:Ok guys i'm back on the road! This start of the year has been very tough! I am currently investing in a whole new audio system and i'll have it within the next week! New music in perspective!!! See you very soon! :wink:
Glad to hear from you again. Oh wait, I don't hear anything! That has to be fixed. ;)

--
Cedric