Rain says to ... [done]

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rain
Music Contributor

Re: RAIN SAYS TO COMMIT THIS

Post by Rain »

anakayub wrote:Argh, never mind, there's a complete embarrassing misunderstanding on my part. I thought this piece was the one that doofus-01 had worked on before. Completely slipped that this was Rain's despite already reading it. Shows how you can still pretty much mess up with even the best of preparations (reading the thread from the start); brain must've shut off at the worst moment.

I blame the RNG.
No worries mate! :)
gmlion
Art Contributor

Re: an .ogg got lost?

Post by gmlion »

Shadow Master wrote:
Just don't commit the same mistake Gianmarco Leone did with his last piece: provide it sampled at 48 KHz. Wesnoth works with SDL_Mixer, and this library doesn't know how to resample things at runtime when the audio device sample rate isn't the same as the input stream's. :(

(I had to resample gmlion's piece personally to 44.1 KHz, which is SDL_Mixer's default setting. So, yeah, 44100 Hz is what we are forced to use...)

(I won't be able to commit, though.)
oops. sorry :p
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: an .ogg got lost?

Post by Iris »

Shadow Master wrote:
Just don't commit the same mistake Gianmarco Leone did with his last piece: provide it sampled at 48 KHz. Wesnoth works with SDL_Mixer, and this library doesn't know how to resample things at runtime when the audio device sample rate isn't the same as the input stream's. :(

(I had to resample gmlion's piece personally to 44.1 KHz, which is SDL_Mixer's default setting. So, yeah, 44100 Hz is what we are forced to use...)

(I won't be able to commit, though.)
Replace *provide with *provided. Oops. :oops:

EDIT:

doofus-01, in the future instead of using uppercase topic titles, you should just try PMing one of the active core developers, or just not use uppercase at all.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.