Main Theme

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MadMax

Post by MadMax »

The first part of the main theme sounds good. However, from 2:40 on, it sounds like classical music and loses its feel of strife and anguish.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Gluem

Post by Gluem »

I think it's nice, although maybe not very themeish in my opinion. I see a theme as music you find yourself humming afterwards, including a clear memorable melody. The piece's perhaps a bit confusing at first at least. One minor change suggestion I picked up in the arrangement would be on 2:34 when the tremolo strings hit in. They don't sound right to me.

Anyways, a job well done :wink:
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Gluem wrote:I think it's nice, although maybe not very themeish in my opinion. I see a theme as music you find yourself humming afterwards, including a clear memorable melody.
Yes, i know. I actually went in another direction. I will rename this music. IT WILL NOT be the main theme! Just another in-game music. :roll:
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

I don't know if this is the right place, but I didn't really like the mountain theme. It sounded like something tribal, not dwarven. However, it would make a good orc song.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

The mountain music was made on an image of high mountains, vaste grass land. Thats why it has this percussion and lots on reverb. I tried to give a space feel. Anyway it never was said it would be for Orcs or Dwarves. And, as usual, it is not finished! :roll: I'll get back to it soon. :wink:

Aleksi.