Some music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Some music

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I've composed a piece of music. Hope you like it. :)

I think it might be fitting for a cave.

P.S.: It is kind of silly exporting it to .ogg and then zipping it. But I have no other way to put it here.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Good, but too short. I don't see how it sounds like a cave. I think that it would be suited for a scenario like Captured, as it brings an impression of 'doomsday' to my mind. In the meantime, I think it would be good in the Drake Campaign as intro music. Do I have your permission to include it?
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Much too short and i think it does NOT fit with Wesnoth. It sounds like a hammond Organ... Maybe if you devellop it?

It reminds me more of a dark street on a windy night... rather than a fantasy "medieval" game.

Agree?

Aleksi.
Elvish_Pillager

MadMax wrote:Good, but too short. I don't see how it sounds like a cave. I think that it would be suited for a scenario like Captured, as it brings an impression of 'doomsday' to my mind. In the meantime, I think it would be good in the Drake Campaign as intro music. Do I have your permission to include it?
Yes.

To Aleksi: What exactly are you asking me if I agree with?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

If you "agree" on my comments. In other words, if it was for me, i would not use it in this game. Maybe if you work on it a bit more and change the sound to another.

Aleksi.
Elvish_Pillager

I don't agree that it "does NOT fit in Wesnoth." I thought it would be good music for fighting an army of elves in a cave. (Of course, that doesn't happen, so maybe not.)

I agree with the other comment.

I've tried fiddling with the sounds, but I can't get it to sound better (to me.)
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

What I've used it for is the intro, where it tells the story of the drakes enslaved and conquered, because of the doomsday feeling.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom

Post by Guest »

i see the piece has disappeared but whatever aleksi said i probably would have said too
weve been having the same criticisms of the 3rd party musics
Stosswelle

Post by Stosswelle »

umm nevermind, thats what happens when you accidentally log out
Hard/Melodic Trance, other Electronica:
http://www.musicv2.com/artist/stosswelle
Play Blood Series Maps!
--- ~WAY~ We Are Yousnoth---
<Li`sar> he likes it when i stand up with the remote held high "I am the princess"
Stosswelle

Post by Stosswelle »

yeah aleksi hit the nail on the head
although i should add that if this is the first thing you have ever written, it is a good start, but you need to experiement with a couple more instruments
Play Blood Series Maps!
<Li`sar> he likes it when i stand up with the remote held high "I am the princess"
Elvish_Pillager

I've made a new peice of music.

It has a couple more instruments. :wink:
Stosswelle

Post by Stosswelle »

put some more effort into each song
really, just doing this (throwing together a song in 10 minutes with a couple instruments) isnt going to help you grow as an artist
spend, say, a couple hours across a couple days and see if you improve
Play Blood Series Maps!
Elvish_Pillager

Stosswelle wrote:put some more effort into each song
really, just doing this (throwing together a song in 10 minutes with a couple instruments) isnt going to help you grow as an artist
spend, say, a couple hours across a couple days and see if you improve
:?:

You have no way of knowing how long I spend on these.

These songs aren't the work of 10 minutes. They form over a long time. I have a music keyboard in front of my desk that I play on all the time. When I play something I like, I enter it into the computer.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Ok, this music is a bit harsh. The sounds are a bit agressive.
The melody is ok, i think it still needs more work. Maybe give the music a bit of oxigen making some spaces and rests. Could also you try and make it like 2 min long?

Cheers,

Aleksi.
Elvish_Pillager

Aleksi wrote:Could also you try and make it like 2 min long?
I have no objection to long music, but I can't upload more than 500 kb.

I could, but then the quality would be worse.