Resources for music contributors

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Resources for music contributors

Post by Turuk »

Read the Posting Guidelines, please. No color.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

abjjunior wrote:Is that possible to convert a emulatorX file into a sf2 file?
Thank you for the samplers!
It sure is. Translator Free is your friend. :)

Be aware though that not all sample formats support the same features, so a converted file might sound slightly different from the original. Chances are you might have to tweak the sf2 file after conversion.
abjjunior

Post by abjjunior »

Read the Posting Guidelines, please. No color.
I'm sorry. I use to write in dark blue... and I forgot I could not use color. :wink:
It sure is. Translator Free is your friend.

Be aware though that not all sample formats support the same features, so a converted file might sound slightly different from the original. Chances are you might have to tweak the sf2 file after conversion.
Thanks, I'll look for this program.
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Vienna Academy:

http://vsl.co.at/en/70/149/150/46.vsl

This is from the site of the VSL samples.

Goes into detail about each family, each instrument, what they sound like etc. I've been spending a lot of time on this and I thought I'd share it.
Kenpachi

Post by Kenpachi »

Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

Hammersound: http://www.hammersound.net/

Some of the links are broken, and some of the soundfonts aren't too good, but there are a few gems in there.
Telaron

Post by Telaron »

Wondered if anyone's seen this site...

http://www.sf2midi.com/
Check out the FOSS game Sumwars
Wish I had more time for composing music...
Evelangos

Post by Evelangos »

Well, I'm a young Oboeist,and I love the Battle for Wesnoth music, but the only real way that I could help is if I found TIFF/Music XML file replicas of the actual pieces. I have Finale Printmusic 2010, so I could do a lot, but only with sheet music.... :annoyed:

Right now I'm working out how the thing works, as I got it about 2 months ago, but I've taken TIFF file music, seperated it ito several parts, and translated tabeleture into notes, which I'm currently doing. The rest is no hindrance, as I can tell it to convert the piece into a sound file. Any help :?:
To do is to make, and to make is to become, therefore, even the simplest things in life matter, for they all contribute in a major way to existence...
start logoff
exit
scienceguy8

Post by scienceguy8 »

Evelangos wrote:Well, I'm a young Oboeist,and I love the Battle for Wesnoth music, but the only real way that I could help is if I found TIFF/Music XML file replicas of the actual pieces. I have Finale Printmusic 2010, so I could do a lot, but only with sheet music.... :annoyed:

Right now I'm working out how the thing works, as I got it about 2 months ago, but I've taken TIFF file music, seperated it ito several parts, and translated tabeleture into notes, which I'm currently doing. The rest is no hindrance, as I can tell it to convert the piece into a sound file. Any help :?:
You might be interested in this: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24581

The idea was to collect the names of forum members who can play and record a live instrument or two. If a music developer ever needed a live instrument solo for a little extra punch in the piece, he or she simply had to check the list for the instrument needed, contact the forum member, and work with them to get the solo. As far as I know nobody has been asked to perform yet (at least, nobody has asked for a horn solo), but that doesn't mean it won't happen.
"You can't kill an unarmed, upside down man!"
Dr. Rodney McKay
Stargate Atlantis
Runner

Gilberti Industries
scienceguy8
Proud Member of the Marching Salukis
Evelangos

Post by Evelangos »

Thanks alot! however, it doesn't solve the sheet music problem, anyone have help or pointers on that?
I think that several of the pieces would be great for some orchestra or a band with a few strings, or the strings would be replaced.... I'm not a manager of any sort, however, but I would probably play the Wesnoth music day in and day out if I found the parts, with the sound file going on. It would be nice to introduce these songs into some public places, just 'cause they sound awesome! This game has music that sounds nice almost anywhere, anytime, something rarely found in other games, and, this one is open source, all the better! :D Yes, I do have plans.... *Minor chords start playing*

Yay! I just got Audacity, so now I can edit the soundtracks themselves, give a tweak here and there, Audacity is another open-source software device that works with the soundtracks, allowing one to change the bass sounds, reverse themes, make sine waves, the list goes on, I can succesfully record with a mere microphone on a headset, to a pretty good degree! :mrgreen: (it can save in several different ways, but the best part is it can save in OGG Vorbis)
To do is to make, and to make is to become, therefore, even the simplest things in life matter, for they all contribute in a major way to existence...
start logoff
exit
dipseydoodle

Re: hey

Post by dipseydoodle »

Jetrel wrote: Vis-a-vis for Apple's Garageband, which is an excellent introductory music program.
That's what I use.
marcusvinicius

Post by marcusvinicius »

some Convolution Reverb resources:
sir1
Free IR's
Listen to the music
O que faz de mim ser o que sou. É gostar de ir por onde ninguém for
marcusvinicius

Post by marcusvinicius »

An insteresting GM soundfont:
http://www.bismutnetwork.com/10Music/Cr ... ont3.0.phpabout 1.5GB
Take a look in the demo songs, they don't reach ewql level but they sound great!
Listen to the music
marcusvinicius

Post by marcusvinicius »

sintel's (Open Movie) soundtrack is avaliable for download. I think it's a good resource as it's close from Wesnoth music.
LINK
Listen to the music