Sounds Needed!

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Sounds Needed!

Post by Dave »

We are still really lagging in the sound effects the game has. The horse canter greatly enhances a horseman's attack, and the grunting sounds good for lots of units, but we still need many more sounds:

- can someone please please try to get an angry growling sound for when a wolf rider is hit? That 'dog yelp' sound makes it sound like a wimp! This really needs to be replaced :) An aggressive snarl would be nice for when they attack, too :)
- a female getting hit sound would be very very nice. It sounds just...wrong when Li'sar gets hit and there is a male grunting sound
- we need a new sound for blunt wooden weapons; the current one hurts my ears!

Will anyone step forward to make us some decent sounds? :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

:) I might have just the dog for doing that, and besides the point I need a bit of practice with sound design. I have finals this week, but the week after is conspicuously free.

Who knows? At the least I might be able to post some raw recordings for other people to play around with.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Actualy I like the yelp, the first level guy could keep it right?

and I think an "ouh"-sound would be good, the current grunts fit orcs trolls and dwarfs, but alot of elves just don't fit with it.
SteelP

Post by SteelP »

It could also be great the sound of real arrows flying...