Music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Stosswelle wrote:link worked for me, but encoding made it unplayable...
Stosswelle you need to get the .ogg plug-in to read it with quicktime.

Ok, i listened to it. It is very nice. I can only suggest you work your arrangements and give each instrument a specific role. Some moments are a bit confusing (mostly strings). And i really liked the "pizzicati" at '50 sec, but i think its much too long. Make it just a brief passage...
Well thats all but i really like it! Continue the good job.

Aleksi.
Stosswelle

Post by Stosswelle »

no, i already have that plugin, the file was encoded weird
i can try again later
Hard/Melodic Trance, other Electronica:
http://www.musicv2.com/artist/stosswelle
Play Blood Series Maps!
--- ~WAY~ We Are Yousnoth---
<Li`sar> he likes it when i stand up with the remote held high "I am the princess"
Gluem

Post by Gluem »

Stosswelle wrote:no, i already have that plugin, the file was encoded weird
i can try again later
The file was encoded with the standard OggDrop, no one else is experiencing the problem and you still claim the file was encoded wrong. Strange.
Gluem

Post by Gluem »

Aleksi wrote: Ok, i listened to it. It is very nice. I can only suggest you work your arrangements and give each instrument a specific role. Some moments are a bit confusing (mostly strings). And i really liked the "pizzicati" at '50 sec, but i think its much too long. Make it just a brief passage...

Aleksi.
Hmm, you really think it's too long, 2:20 minutes, I feared it was too short. When you're playing a game for a long passages of time short ones often become repetitive and annoying. But I guess all depends on where the song is placed.
As I understand there's no specified place for it yet.

As for changing stuff, for now I wouldn't. Just give it a few more times to unfold on you. God knows I have 8)
Stosswelle

Post by Stosswelle »

ok i got it working
basically everything i would have said aleksi already said
try shortening it to, say, 1:50 and see if that doesnt fix how long the pizz part is
also, make sure it is loopable
and um, those woodwinds at the end kind of throw off the mood a bit, even though the pizz foreshadow a gradual shift from the initial

otherwise, this is cool, we could easily use this somewhere
Play Blood Series Maps!
<Li`sar> he likes it when i stand up with the remote held high "I am the princess"
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Gluem wrote:
Aleksi wrote: Ok, i listened to it. It is very nice. I can only suggest you work your arrangements and give each instrument a specific role. Some moments are a bit confusing (mostly strings). And i really liked the "pizzicati" at '50 sec, but i think its much too long. Make it just a brief passage...

Aleksi.
Hmm, you really think it's too long, 2:20 minutes, I feared it was too short. When you're playing a game for a long passages of time short ones often become repetitive and annoying. But I guess all depends on where the song is placed.
As I understand there's no specified place for it yet.

As for changing stuff, for now I wouldn't. Just give it a few more times to unfold on you. God knows I have 8)
Gluem, when i way its too long, i'm talking about the pizz section. The whole music should last about 4-5 min. I was just discussing on a composing point of view. This pizz section fits in pretty well. But i think its role should be used as a "passage" and then come back to the first section after that. Or a variation of it. But anyway feel free to do whatever you want! :wink:

Cheers,

Romi.
Gluem

Post by Gluem »

Well, here's a little something I'm working on at the moment. Rough around the edges still.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/ilkka.richt/musi ... Breeze.mp3
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Ok, it works really well. Nice and quiet. The only suggestion i can make would be regarding sound quality. Strings are horrible! :twisted:
If you do not have any better sounds maybe try replacing it by another instrument. The guitar sounds pretty OK. But i think this is pretty good on a general point of view.

Aleksi.
Gluem

Post by Gluem »

Wow, didn't see that one coming :shock: I mean the strings, I don't find them horrible at all. There are a few changes in this version I have in mind regarding the strings, but they all concern the arrangement, not sound. Btw, I used the same strings here as in Sinfonz.

I try to finish this and let's see what we got then. A few more patterns should do it.
Stosswelle

Post by Stosswelle »

A few more patterns should do it.
huh?
whats a pattern in music?
Play Blood Series Maps!
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Gluem wrote:Wow, didn't see that one coming :shock: I mean the strings, I don't find them horrible at all. There are a few changes in this version I have in mind regarding the strings, but they all concern the arrangement, not sound. Btw, I used the same strings here as in Sinfonz.

I try to finish this and let's see what we got then. A few more patterns should do it.
I'm not talking about the arrangement i case you thought so. I gave me advice and the sounds quality. They sounds very "synthish"... :?

Anyway i'll wait until you finish it all! :wink:

Aleksi.
Stosswelle

Post by Stosswelle »

ill listen once i install cable modem, but if the strings are synthish, consider fading them out a bit and using them as counter-harmony
Play Blood Series Maps!
Gluem

Post by Gluem »

Stosswelle wrote:
A few more patterns should do it.
huh?
whats a pattern in music?
A pattern is one continuous column in the sequencer.