New main menu music!

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: New main menu music!

Postby Transfermium » June 21st, 2017, 1:07 am

The draft for the new main theme sounds really great.
As for the most prominent Wesnoth musics, IMO it would be Still Another Wanderer, Legends of the North, Over the Northern Mountains, Siege of Laurelmor, and perhaps Travelling Minstrels (though that probably won't fit well...).
I have not brought you freedom, I found it here among you.
-Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg
Transfermium

Postby WhiteWolf » June 27th, 2017, 10:28 pm

For some reason, it has a taste of a Hungarian cavalry military march. (I had to play a LOT of those, so I recognize some elements :D talking about the part around 0:35 - 0:53 ). I like it, especially the second part, around 1:00

My favorite mainline music is Weight of Revenge. Simply epic. I also like Northerners, Northern Mountains, and Siege of Laurelmor as well.
What I'd really like to see to appear for a couple of measures is a hint of the atmoshpere of something like the theme of Empire Earth theme. That, and maybe the theme of Age of Empires 2 are the best tactical game soundtracks in my opinion :)
Author of the Underness Series, consisting of V parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Standalone works: The Ravagers - now published!
WhiteWolf
Forum Regular

Postby pyndragon » June 28th, 2017, 7:00 am

I love what you've got so far, the concept of referencing as much iconic Wesnoth music as possible seems tricky to pull off without it feeling like a collage, but I feel like you've done a masterful job of that. The only bad part is that it ends just as it gets to the good part :D :hmm:

West wrote:
skeptical_troll wrote:The end sounds a bit strange to me, but I suppose the track is simply not completed.

Bingo :) It just trails off as I have no idea what is going to come next.

I feel like it'd be possible to segue into an Over the Northern Mountains reference at that point.
AKA pydsigner
Current maintainer of The North Wind and author of Heroics Mode.
pyndragon
Forum Regular

Postby Celtic_Minstrel » July 23rd, 2017, 3:06 am

Ooh, we're getting a new main menu theme? Nice! I never really had a problem with the old one, but nor am I super-attached to it.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Maintainer of Steelhive.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Previous

Return to Music & Sound Development