3d OS rpg

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dizzutch

Post by Dizzutch »

I just forgot to put it down, ofcourse, if it runs on Linux it should run on BSD that's my perspective. I wouldn't write anything that doesn't run on both, BSD is open source..it's part of it, actually, I wouldn't care if it didn't run on Windows. Apologies for not puttin it down explicitely.
-Dizzg
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Dizzutch wrote:I just forgot to put it down, ofcourse, if it runs on Linux it should run on BSD that's my perspective. I wouldn't write anything that doesn't run on both, BSD is open source..it's part of it, actually, I wouldn't care if it didn't run on Windows. Apologies for not puttin it down explicitely.
-Dizzg
You have to know that "It should" really means that you will need a lot of makefile massaging and minor tweaks here and there and a good level of BSD spertise to make complex things run...
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Dizzutch wrote:I wouldn't care if it didn't run on Windows.
I will, i dont have 3D drives for linux(sis card)
Dizzutch

Post by Dizzutch »

fmunoz wrote:
Dizzutch wrote:I just forgot to put it down, ofcourse, if it runs on Linux it should run on BSD that's my perspective. I wouldn't write anything that doesn't run on both, BSD is open source..it's part of it, actually, I wouldn't care if it didn't run on Windows. Apologies for not puttin it down explicitely.
-Dizzg
You have to know that "It should" really means that you will need a lot of makefile massaging and minor tweaks here and there and a good level of BSD spertise to make complex things run...
by "it should" i mean, if the game is going to be Open Source, it should be available for as many platforms as possible. I have access to a linux box and a windows, so I will have to rely on others to do the other platform conversions. I will help as much as I can by writing the code as non-platform specific as possible.
Dizzutch

Post by Dizzutch »

tomsik wrote:
Dizzutch wrote:I wouldn't care if it didn't run on Windows.
I will, i dont have 3D drives for linux(sis card)
Alright, so there's going to be a Windows port.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I don't think 'port' is correct terminology for a game binary for a certain platform when that game is not platform-specific.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Dizzutch

Post by Dizzutch »

whatever you want to call it.
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

Could the name be Heroes of the West North. I'm putting that name for now.
@Dizzuch the game has to have windows support, otherwise too few people'll play it.
Last edited by martenzo on October 2nd, 2005, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

Ok, the project is registred, now, it will take at least until to tuesday, until it is approved, if it is approved at all. The project unix name is h-5 (by the members in the team (Me,Dizzuch,tomsik,Disto,Logan)
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
Dizzutch

Post by Dizzutch »

i know, i agreed for Windows support, i just don't have a 3d accellerated windows box, and I've never coded for Windows, so we'll have to look for a programmer to take on the Windows side of things. Since we're not in a playable state anyway, it's not in a hurry. Let us know when the sf page is ready, so we can join the project. Martenzo, are you taking care of the website as well?
Disto

Post by Disto »

martenzo wrote:Could the name be Heroes of the West North. I'm putting that name for now.
@Dizzuch the game has to have windows support, otherwise too few people'll play it.
I don't like "Heroes of...", perhaps everyone should think of one and post it.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

My idea: Temple of Falling Stars, i dont know what it would be, but i think it sounds good.

EDIT: Typo fixed
Last edited by Tomsik on October 2nd, 2005, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disto

Post by Disto »

tomsik wrote:My idea: Temple of Faling Stars, i dont know what it would be, but i think it sounds good.
That is actually pretty good, and it also sounds more magical, and it gives just enough information for the person to want to know more, if we want to include Macknorn in the name it could be Temple of Macknorn. Falling has 2 ls rather then 1 l tomsik. But your english is coming on great.
Creator of the Marauders
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

one question, what temple.
Disto

Post by Disto »

martenzo wrote:one question, what temple.
Well mister think-tank you have you work cut out there haven't you. :P All i said it sounded better.
Creator of the Marauders