A shout out to Wesnoth Community from another TBS!

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GreenFlame

A shout out to Wesnoth Community from another TBS!

Post by GreenFlame »

It's been several years since I last played, and today I remembered of this TBS again. And then I thought. since it's a TBS game community, I could ask for help here. I wanted to ask you guys if you could check out another Turn Based Strategy/CCG hybrid by Mojang, named "Scrolls".

This may look like spam or something along the lines, but please don't take it like that. It's just a desperate attempt to soften a downfall of a game, so at least it won't die unknown. It's a brilliant game but it had no advertisement so Mojang had no cash to sustain it and they decided to close it next year, in summer 2016.

Since you like Wesnoth you may like the game too. Scrolls is a mix of TBS and CCG. A very solid game that's left under radar. So since it lives it's last year, I thought it could go in glory. All I ask you is to give it a try, you don't need to buy full game, just play the demo. Deal with this game is that the demo has pretty soft limitations, some people play it for months on demo. You could eventually buy it(5 bucks), but again, I'm here not to rise sales, but to get more people into the game. It's usually about 170 people at a time on the server, we need more.

Who knows, maybe if people somehow start flowing in Mojang will reconsider their decidion about shutting down. Or maybe they leave dedicated server and offline so the community can keep it going. Either way, I feel like you guys could be the saviours.

If you wonder, I'm not by any means tied to the developers or Mojang, just a big fan of the game. My ingame name is GreenOne, say Hi and feel free to ask questions about the thing. I wonder if anyone will come at all though.

If you guys could be so kind, try the demo at scrolls.com, or look it up on YouTube at least. Spread the word if you could. Thanks for reading!

My sincere apologies to Wesnoth Developers if it hurt them in any way.
GreenFlame

Re: A shout out to Wesnoth Community from another TBS!

Post by GreenFlame »

Curious if anyone at all tried or decided to try it later, would be nice if you replied so I can see if it was of any effect.
Also curious if you have got any opinions on the game, though it's too early to ask if you haven't played even a few days.

The post hasn't been removed, I suppose it means that it was fine to post. Thanks for that, moderators and Development Team =)
Dave
Founding Developer

Re: A shout out to Wesnoth Community from another TBS!

Post by Dave »

Don't worry, your post is very welcome. I've actually tried Scrolls before, as have another of other Wesnoth developers. it is a nice game that fills a unique niche, and it's sad to see it go.

You might find it interesting to know that some Wesnoth developers are working on a game which is a CCG/tactics game mix, somewhat like scrolls. We're still in alpha, but are looking for players who are interested in joining our fledging community and providing us with feedback.

You can find out more about Argentum Age here: http://argentum-age.com. It's an Open Source game so once there is interest in it it can't just die because someone decides not to develop it anymore.
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming