Looking for feedback for a new strategy game

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

garethjax

Looking for feedback for a new strategy game

Post by garethjax »

Good afternoon,

My name is Andrea and i'm helping a friend to kickstart a project: it's a fantasy strategy game for Ipad, inspired by Wesnoth.

I'm not sure i'm allowed to link our website, so i'll wait for the approval of the Moderators before posting he link :)

Let me give you a short introduction: Alberto (my friend) has been a passionate gamer for years... many years. We are both old-ish (and italians), let's just say we started playing on the Amiga and one of our favourite games was "Warlords". And of course when Wesnoth appeared we played it and loved it, me on my Macbook and he... on every platform :)

After some time my passion for Marketing and analytics data replaced my passion for gaming, while instead Alberto kept playing. He had to move around the world during the years for work reasons and i suppose that strategy games were a nice company while he was away from home.

Some months ago he reached out to me with a project "i played everything, i want to do something new. My own game".
He convinced me to take parte in the project... and that's were we are today.

May i say more ? :)
garethjax

Re: Looking for feedback for a new strategy game

Post by garethjax »

Nobody has answered, therefore i'm posting more info, hoping not to result offensive. :whistle:

The game is called Dragon Throne War.

I'm sorry for the lack of details, our team is working hard to produce some proper previews of the game.

If you don't mind i've prepared a really short survey (4 questions) that would really help the developer team now that we are planning a kickstarter campaign.

This is the link of the survey.

Thanks in advance :)
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Yes, you can post links here. I filled out the survey, but there wasn't much to see yet so I can't really comment on your game.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
garethjax

Post by garethjax »

Thanks, i appreciate it!

I know that's it's really difficult to embrace an idea without much informations, i'll update the thread as soon as i get some stuff from the developer team!
garethjax

Post by garethjax »

I thought i could share some preliminary concept arts!

grrr

Post by grrr »

What about The Evil Within? Preliminary screencasts look gorgeous; so much blood & fear!
Checkout this great German review: http://www.golem.de/news/the-evil-withi ... 06710.html
johndh

Post by johndh »

Not to be a hater or anything, but what makes this stand out thematically from the countless other cookie-cutter post-Tolkien fantasy settings with dark elves and minotaurs using improbable and impractical weaponry?
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
StandYourGround
Location: On a blue ball spinning through space at incomprehensible speed

Post by StandYourGround »

It's got Thor's hammer... so it must be awesome.
I will now resume lurking silently.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

johndh wrote:Not to be a hater or anything, but what makes this stand out thematically from the countless other cookie-cutter post-Tolkien fantasy settings with dark elves and minotaurs using improbable and impractical weaponry?
Wesnoth itself has a pretty generic Tolkienesque fantasy setting. But since this game is Wesnoth-inspired, and therefore similar in some ways to Battle for Wesnoth, one might assume that the people here would be interested in their game as well.

Unfortunately in my experience I have yet to play a Wesnoth-inspired game that I enjoyed-- unless you count Frogotto. :mrgreen:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."