Finding Wesnoth in Otther OSS.

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dipseydoodle

Finding Wesnoth in Otther OSS.

Post by dipseydoodle »

This is not my game but I figured I'd post it cause it looks really cool. Haven't even tried it out :P I find it very cool to see people using wesnoth for their own opensource work. if anybody else has found a project put it here, I'd love to here of them

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hale/?s ... creenshots
Jozrael

Re: Finding Wesnoth in Otther OSS.

Post by Jozrael »

I always just wish these projects would give credit :(.
hotmitts

Post by hotmitts »

I came across Hale too, and I've only started playing, but it does look good. There is a long list of credits in the game folder actually, and it thanks the Wesnoth community in a way that suggest they had full co-operation , some of the game assets look like they're shared with Wesnoth.

I'm sort of surprised there isn't more about it on this forum, in a way. I thought there must be loads of people looking for the RPG equivalent of Wesnoth. Or just an open-source project for creating your own rpg...given how many Rpg Maker games even turn up on Steam etc.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

As near as I can tell, hale doesn't have it's own forum or much other than it's sourceforge page. Which is a pity because that limits peoples ability to post their own campaigns for it. I tried it and I found it ok but I was incredibly unimpressed by the campaign it comes with. It has a lot of potential but I think that it'll get there a lot faster by harnessing the power of a community.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."