Concept: TBS tower assault/strategy game.

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gbbishop

Concept: TBS tower assault/strategy game.

Post by gbbishop »

Hey Wesnothians,

My name is Gabriel and I am an artist. WTF am I doing here you ask. I recently 2010 started an indie game studio with a good friend of mine (psst he's the programmer). I feel the need to understand the programmer's world better than I do. Now, I have no hopes of ever fully understanding the work he does but, and this is a BIG but, if I can make a game on my own at least I will know where he is coming from.

Enough preamble I have likly lost everyone already.

Here is the game. a TBS TA Strategy type game.
Conquer the Darkness (working title)

Basics:
Set in our own world, The Electric Adventures of Watt
+ single player
+ turn based
+ one type of player unit - the Bulbie (perhaps as many as three but I will start with one for simplicity)
+ one type of enemy - the Dust Devil (same possible future expansion)
+ Enemies do not move (to eliminate the need for AI, I hope)

The opening scene: The player, a light bulb headed mechanical bot, starts on a map that is entirely dark with only the glow around him from his light. Each turn expends energy stored in the bots wind up mechanism, so time is now "ticking"

The objective: The player must destroy all enemies from the map with our bursting his bulb or running out of energy.

Here is a graphic explaining turn phases, the possible units and how I see resolving conflict.

I sure would appreciate any advice thoughts critiques and kudos. Wish this NOOB luck!