Wesnoth inspired project using Legos! Please support me! :-)

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fish80

Wesnoth inspired project using Legos! Please support me! :-)

Post by fish80 »

Hi!

I would like to ask the help of the Wesnoth community for a project I am doing, if you think it is a good idea of course. :-)

There is a website called Lego Cuusoo, where anybody can submit their Lego project and, if it reaches 10,000 supporters, it will become and official Lego set. I developed my project "Battles & Heroes", inspired by Battle for Wesnoth (and other strategy games such as Warhammer) as a strategy turn-based game which can be fully played with Lego. The advantage compared with games like Warhammer is that it is fully customizable (you can build the scenario you want, you can build the units you want etc.), and also cheaper of course. :-)

You can see the project page here:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/45859

If you think this is a good idea, would you be willing to support me (supporting is free of course) and to help me spread the voice around with the Wesnoth community? To support just go on the page of my project and click "support". Then you can log in using facebook or create a profile in 1 min.

Please let me know what you think, also if you have suggestion for the game itself let me know.

Thank you very much!!

Charlie :-)
Last edited by fish80 on August 9th, 2013, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth inspired project using Legos! :-)

Post by ancestral »

Interesting. Sort of reminds me a little of several ideas people have bandied about over the years in the forums. The cards reminds me of some of the prototypes eyerouge has done (also check out wtactics.org).

My advice would be to keep this simple. Simple to make, simple to play. Maybe you don’t need a dozen mechanics. Remember, kids play with LEGO bricks. You’ve got to make it easy for any 8-12 year old to jump right in. I’m sure you’re already familiar with some of the LEGO game kits, right? Those are going to be the benchmark you’ll be compared to.

In any case, good luck to you! It’s always exciting to see projects based on or inspired by work that has gone on in the Wesnoth community.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
fish80

Re: Wesnoth inspired project using Legos! Please support me!

Post by fish80 »

Thanks man, I completely agree with you on the simplicity.

In fact I will post 3 types of rules for the battle, with the first one very simple, playable by kids 6/7+ and the other two gradually a bit more complex... if you have time please support my project on the website above, you need to create an account or log-in with facebook... it is a bit of a pain I know but I would be very grateful. :-)

Thanks!

C