TBS Kickstarter? (Battle worlds: Kronos)

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

taptap

TBS Kickstarter? (Battle worlds: Kronos)

Post by taptap »

What do you say about: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kin ... -revisited

The advertisement is somewhat flashy and not specific about the game itself also the highly innovative title (just kidding) promises that it won't go too heavy into story development. Still, Battle Isle probably was the reason why I love turn based strategy and now am a Wesnoth player. But honestly just writing "strong AI" doesn't cut it, we need to see it and will there be random numbers or not (having random numbers would be a major selling point to me nowadys) etc. etc. many questions open. (There are so many major commercial titles released with so many exploits that I feel again and again how amazing B4W is, but as these are people who did play the games themselves I hope they can do a good job.)
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Re: TBS Kickstarter? (Battle worlds: Kronos)

Post by Blarumyrran »

taptap wrote:There are so many major commercial titles released with so many exploits that I feel again and again how amazing B4W is
this is a very funny thing to say; bfw is exploitable in very obvious ways; we only rely on people on not wanting to.
taptap

Re: TBS Kickstarter? (Battle worlds: Kronos)

Post by taptap »

Blarumyrran wrote:
taptap wrote:There are so many major commercial titles released with so many exploits that I feel again and again how amazing B4W is
this is a very funny thing to say; bfw is exploitable in very obvious ways; we only rely on people on not wanting to.
Well, of course people can save-load / edit savefiles as they please, but the game mechanics / AI holds up better in the long run than those of many commercial games where you need to "roleplay" the strategy game right away because otherwise it is simply too easy. Well, OT in OT-Thread. I thought some people might be interested in the mentioned game, it is turn-based strategy after all.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.