Eador: Genesis

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ancestral
Inactive Developer

Eador: Genesis

Post by ancestral »

There’s a sale on GOG for a game called Eador: Genesis which looks awfully reminiscent of Wesnoth, though perhaps more closely with Master of Magic. Apparently it’s been in Russian only, that is until several months ago.
Screenshots:
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
Telchin

Re: Eador: Genesis

Post by Telchin »

It looks more like Heroes of Might and Magic than Wesnoth to me (I haven't played Master of Magic).
I haven't played this game, but I've read somewhere that a sequel called Masters of the Broken World is being made. That said most of the sequel's page seem to be in Russian and I don't speak that language, so I can't tell you more.
cKomuHKa

Post by cKomuHKa »

I have been involved in the development of this game. Eador was made ​​by one programmer and bundle of freelancers (including me). After release in 2009, author was invited by the "Snowball" game development studio. AFAIK, they do an accurate remake of original Eador with better graphics.

p.s. Eador and Wesnoth have nothing in common.
jeorgeban

Post by jeorgeban »

I know about this game, RPG lovers are going to love this game as it's bit a mixture of it. Even one who have played Age of wonders, Heroes of Might and Magic, it would be easier for him to beat this game. With old graphics, some twists and turns this is completely a worthable game.
Discussion is exchange of knowledge