Legends of Eisenwald: New RPG strategy mix

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pcgh_thilo

Legends of Eisenwald: New RPG strategy mix

Post by pcgh_thilo »

Hi there,

probably an interesting project if you like Wesnoth. :-)
Legends of Eisenwald is currently pitching at Kickstarter to finalize the game. It's a medieval setting with some mysticsm inside. The tactical combat is very indepth with some references to Disciples 1/2. Movement of the world map is like King's Bounty the legend. Overall, Eisenwald seems to be very promising and 15 USD minimum price for the whole game (DRM-free!) sounds fair.

Some features:
- Mix of RPG and strategy, turn-based tactical combat with a simple economic system
- Three "professions": Knight, Mystic, Baroness, each with slightly different story
- Tactical battles without boredom: No movement without attack, very small battlefield, low round figures in the fight, no random strikes, no unit "stacking"
- Game is single player only, at least 30 hours of gameplay, Campaign with side missions
- Many units with skill tree. Each unit can be improved through upgrades and equipment
- Lots of weapons and magic
- Castles may be take to strengthen the army, defense units may be placed inside

Source: Kickstarter
Airatgaljamov

Re: Legends of Eisenwald: New RPG strategy mix

Post by Airatgaljamov »

It was released on Steam on the 2nd of July. http://store.steampowered.com/app/246760/
I really enjoyed playing it. Surprisingly good graphics for a game created through Steam Greenlight, very interesting gameplay and medieval setting with magic and magical creatures.
There is some similarity with Wesnoth: of turn-based strategy, levelling up your troops, managing villages (kind of) and on top of that you can buy weapons, armor and equipment for your units.
Game has a nice scenario editor, easily modifiable units' stats, advancement trees and I guess it is possible to add new models into. So I hope someone will recreate wesnoth factions someday)
Unfortunately there is no multiplayer, so only single player scenarios and campaigns.