New game in town, Scrolls

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Danceman

New game in town, Scrolls

Post by Danceman »

Has anyone seen the new game from de developers of minecraft, scrolls? Its like wesnoth and Elements the Game all in one.

take a look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR6kDBKs ... re=related

Very interesting
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: New game in town, Scrolls

Post by Sapient »

Yo dog I herd you like card games so I put a card game in your video game so you can play cards while you play video games. :doh:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

It's like a card game, but it's inside a video game that I've never heard of and will never play!!! Holy aready-done-and-so-drawn-out-failure-of-an-idea-that-IGN-for-some-reason-posted-on-YouTube-because-they-have-nothing-better-to-post-and-hey-is-this-a-play-off-Yu-Gi-Oh?-look-at-those-90's-graphics Batman!
So, in short, Meh :| . (P.S. I've always wanted to do one of these kinds of semi-heartfelt rants on the forum. Hope it doesn't get deleted! :wink: )
Plus, it's really not like Wesnoth at all, unless you count the hexes.
enchilado

Post by enchilado »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:It's like a card game, but it's inside a video game that I've never heard of and will never play!!!
What do you mean by this? Scrolls is not ‘inside a video game’; it is a video game.
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Holy aready-done-and-so-drawn-out-failure-of-an-idea-that-IGN-for-some-reason-posted-on-YouTube-because-they-have-nothing-better-to-post-and-hey-is-this-a-play-off-Yu-Gi-Oh?-look-at-those-90's-graphics Batman!
They probably posted it on YouTube because it is made by Mojang AB, the developers of the very very popular independent game Minecraft, and also looks quite interesting. I don’t know why you are complaining about the graphics, since not only are they actually quite nicely drawn—at least IMO (see the illustrations on the website)—but Wesnoth has rather old-style graphics too, and you don’t seem to have a problem with that.
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:(P.S. I've always wanted to do one of these kinds of semi-heartfelt rants on the forum. Hope it doesn't get deleted! ;) )
You should probably rant when you actually have enough of an opinion to do so well, rather than seize the opportunity and try to come up with things to say that don’t even make any sense. If you don’t like a game, sure, say so if you really feel the need to—complaining for the sake of complaining makes you look ridiculous.
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Plus, it's really not like Wesnoth at all, unless you count the hexes.
Would you think the game was better if it was more like a ripoff of Wesnoth?

Personally, I think Scrolls looks quite interesting and I’ll certainly be giving it a try. The combination of card collecting and tactical battles could be pretty fun, especially since it doesn’t look like turns will take very long.
Danceman

Post by Danceman »

yes I do think its interesting. Maybe there concept will not work well.

When I saw it, it reminded me of Wesnoth hex map and since i've seen around the Wesnoth CCG project (http://wtactics.org/), would but something interesting if they could merge, like a custom campaign.