just an idea for the (Future) of wesnoth development team

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MagusXI

just an idea for the (Future) of wesnoth development team

Post by MagusXI »

hey i got this crazy idea i mean later later in the far future u could make a futuristic version of wesnoth, if this has already been discussed sorry. just lil think i thought of, after playing front mission on zsnes. man that games is frusterating :)
turin
Lord of the East

Re: just an idea for the (Future) of wesnoth development tea

Post by turin »

MagusXI wrote:hey i got this crazy idea i mean later later in the far future u could make a futuristic version of wesnoth, if this has already been discussed sorry. just lil think i thought of, after playing front mission on zsnes. man that games is frusterating :)
um... yes, it has been discussed. it helps a lot if you do a search for something before posting, i'm sure many threads would have popped up.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
MagusXI

Post by MagusXI »

sorry :?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

This is a good idea, but it's an idea someone other than the core Wesnoth development team would have to work on. The Wesnoth development team has enough work with the main version of Wesnoth, and by the time we're 'done' with it, I think we'll be thoroughly 'through' with making anything Wesnoth-like for some time to come ;)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Dave wrote:This is a good idea, but it's an idea someone other than the core Wesnoth development team would have to work on. The Wesnoth development team has enough work with the main version of Wesnoth, and by the time we're 'done' with it, I think we'll be thoroughly 'through' with making anything Wesnoth-like for some time to come ;)

David
I don't think the programmers would need to do anything... it would basically just be changing art/stats, which is a much smaller task.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

This is funny! Changing them is easy, but changing them so they're good...
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Viliam
Translator

Post by Viliam »

turin wrote:I don't think the programmers would need to do anything... it would basically just be changing art/stats, which is a much smaller task.
With changing contents of "data" directory (no C++ code there) many things can be changed. If someone will seriously want to start making sci-fi version of Wesnoth, it would probably be best to make a new version of this directory. Also "sounds" and "images".