I wanna be the guy

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Fosprey

I wanna be the guy

Post by Fosprey »

Just wanted to promote this freeware game that has a very interesting design and is very funny
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/index.php
the least you know about the game before you download it, more fun it is. so i recommend going straight to the download, do it and play it.
AI
Developer

Re: I wanna be the guy

Post by AI »

Let's see if it runs under wine...
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

LOL
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Well, the good news is that it runs fine under wine. The bad news is that it's damn hard.
Mica

Post by Mica »

this game made me cry myself to sleep. xDDD It's possibly too hard... xD
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
ADmiral-N

Post by ADmiral-N »

When I discovered this game, I decided not to play it because the whole point of it is to put you through awful game design with the hardest difficulty imaginable. :hmm:
Also, it uses graphics and sounds almost exclusively ripped from well-known commercial games, which is its second point I guess.. ;)

I did watch all of it on Youtube though :D :lol2: :eng:
Subspace! Subspace is freeware and is the longest-running massively multiplayer internet space combat game in the world.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

This ain't nothing. Seriously. Did you ever play Proving Grounds? It was a Japanese ASCII-based flash game, which was similar... But seriously. This thing is kiddy stuff. I mean, you can actually see when the spikes are gonna start falling. Unfortunately, that particular blogger hasn't paid his server bills, and so I can't give a working link (It used to be at http://blog53.fc2.com/k/king75/file/owata.html).
Though, I must confess that it did amuse me when it started playing Zelda music XD