RuneScape

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

miekka

Re: RuneScape

Post by miekka »

Were you serious about that? I thought it was sarcasm. I myself played Runescape when I was 10 or so while almost all the other boys on my class did the same. I quit it because of its boredom and pointlessness, after about a year.
Corvvs

Post by Corvvs »

Ugh. Runescape. Played for a month, then realized that it never actually got interesting. Its more like work than play. (click here, click there, oh, look I leveled. I'm so happy... :roll: )
"we alone truly exist, ... the shadows we traverse are but projections of our own desires..."

Orbivm ||| The Thread of Ill-Fated Portraits
ArtillaryGoat

Post by ArtillaryGoat »

Posting Guidelines wrote: The primary purpose of these forums is make Wesnoth better. Secondarily they support the players of Wesnoth by providing information and discussion about how to play the game. The following is the basic plan that moderators use to make sure that chaos and noise don't hinder the main purposes of these forums.

* Be polite, or at least civil. Trolling or inciting flame wars may result in deletions, lockings, or bannings.

* No profanity or obscenities, including irreverent references to Deity. The forums are intended to be friendly for all ages.

* Don't steal art, including non-visual content. Posting art and falsely claiming it as your own will result in banning.

* Write clearly. No L33t-sp33k. No SHOUTING. If English isn't your first language, just do your best.

* Think and Read the thread before you post. And when you post, explain your reasons. Nonsense may be deleted without warning, especially in a working topic.

* No Spamming. Post a single idea/question/comment in only one forum.

* No meta-threads. If something has been recently discussed or is still being discussed in another thread on this forum, every new thread about the same topic may be locked on sight. Revived locked thread will also be locked.

* No animated avatars or graphical signatures. We consider them distracting.

* If you want help:

* Provide concrete information about your computer, the version of Wesnoth, what you did and what exactly went wrong.
* Ask, don't demand. Everyone here is a volunteer. They may not choose to help you if you make the process unpleasant.

* If you have a idea:

* Check the FPI (Frequently Posted Ideas) list. Wesnoth is a specific kind of game, and many features have been purposely excluded.
* Do a quick search of the forums. Most "new" ideas already have threads.
* Explain the advantages of your idea. Vague ideas seldom generate much interest.
* Avoid realism-based arguments. Simplicity and gameplay trump realism every time. Changes which only increase realism will be rejected.

Last edited by Eleazar on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
I tried and never liked Runescape as wel, but I hardly believe that justifies putting others down who do enjoy it.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Same could be applied to its proponents.
ArtillaryGoat

Post by ArtillaryGoat »

True
Zachron

Post by Zachron »

I played Runescape for the better part of a year, and enjoyed it... Once it got boring for me, it was just over... Most games I get bored with, I occasionally get hit with a bout of nostalgia, go back, and play them again, having as much fun as I did the first time around... not Runescape.

Just look at the title. The same sequence of letters spells "Run, escape." Need I go on.
Project Battlescar: An rpg engine of my own design.
http://battlescar.wikispaces.com/
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

Zachron wrote:Just look at the title. The same sequence of letters spells "Run, escape." Need I go on.
:lol2: When I was playing my brother always mocked me by saying "Have you escaped the Room yet?" :lol2:
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.
dontano

Post by dontano »

Pretty pointless game, IMHO. BfW is way better than that, in every aspects.
I remember the good days of Tower Defense... :geek:
Trust yourself first, then trust others.
Current activity/ies: what...!?
In_My_CrossHairs

Post by In_My_CrossHairs »

Yes, I do play it sometimes. Last time I looked I was level 59 or something. I'm probably the poorest person on Runescape (lol). I think I started playing it 3 or 4 yrs ago. It used to be an obsession with me and my friends =P.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.
Friedrich Nietzsche
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

Syntax_Error wrote::|

i played it for a month or something in 2001, and already then i thought "damn its so primitive compared to offline games". im not 100% mmorpg hater, but some like Pardus show innovation, while some Runescape do not.
You play Pardus?!
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

A Guy wrote:You play Pardus?!
No. I played pardus for a month or something too; and most sides of it really, simply put, suck. But the economy was still very interestingly implemented.
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

Pity. I'm finding it quite enjoyable.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
Mica

Post by Mica »

RuneScape was the laggiest, poorly designed, hard to start, and just worst game I have ever played. I tried playing it for a week, and from the start, my eyes disintegrated.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

Same as Mica.
Only, my game-buddy Acritter somehow managed to convince me to keep going for longer than that. So now I torture him by beating him up in moe fighting games.

My sister noticed the "run, escape" thing, too. Actually, everybody has, probably.
But, I liked it, because that was about all I ever did (Well, that and pray that my connection wouldn't time out, resulting in my death).
Personally, I'm not big on MMORPGs, if only because, to me, the driving force of an RPG is the story, and if you have more than one person playing the "main character" at a time, that vastly reduces the number of plot devices you can bring in.
...Though, I must confess that LoTR Online has me tempted, if only because of the way they implemented the setting. But then again, I have better things to do with my time and money ;)
(Speaking of which, I have another fourteen lines of guitar solo to write tonight, and it's one A.M. and I'm posting on the Wesnoth forums. What is wrong with me?)
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

I know this is a little off topic but just talking about being the main hero in a story. Why i do not understand in all these games people coem from zero to hero in matters of seconds. For example in The Elder Scrolls : Oblivion you are not the main hero person that kills the big bad guy. You help him loads and kill loads of people for him but you aren't of royal blood like he is.

Sometimes i think the best games are the ones that don't follow the normal trend.

Using this point i found that the game got too similar. Or go and mine 100 ore so you can get some money and watch your guy pointlessly looking like hes having a fit ( the new graphics ). Whereas i'm sure theres better things out there. I always think with these games yeah its free what were you expecting if you want to play a RPG or something similar go out and buy one.