MMORPG Football Game

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BBD

MMORPG Football Game

Post by BBD »

Goal Line Blitz (American style football) recently started up and is still in season one.

You can create players (any position) and assign attributes, buy equipment upgrades, sign as a free agent with a team and earn experience playing. It's pretty cool so if you're interested in sports rpg's or football in particular give it a look.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=571100
cool evil

Re: MMORPG Football Game

Post by cool evil »

Huh? :augh: A sports MMORPG? Guess they ran out of ideas for the next fantasy game clone and had to resort to the back-up plan.
Have no fear, Vlad is here!
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

I'd love to get my hands on that game, but I'm saving up to buy Accountancy Online later this year. Or maybe I should get World of Needlework? Or Philatelist Quest II? So many great games, so little time...
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

cool evil wrote:Huh? :augh: A sports MMORPG? Guess they ran out of ideas for the next fantasy game clone and had to resort to the back-up plan.
?? Sports games are some of the best selling computer games because they tap into the mass market, not just "gamers". The only games that my Dad plays are solitaire and a golf sim (Links).
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

irrevenant wrote:?? Sports games are some of the best selling computer games because they tap into the mass market, not just "gamers". The only games that my Dad plays are solitaire and a golf sim (Links).
True. But I think the operative word here was sports MMORPG.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

West wrote:
irrevenant wrote:?? Sports games are some of the best selling computer games because they tap into the mass market, not just "gamers". The only games that my Dad plays are solitaire and a golf sim (Links).
True. But I think the operative word here was sports MMORPG.
Meh, sports fans are stats-fanatics already - an RPG is a natural fit for them. :)

The only real problem I can see is that sports teams play specific matches at specific times, rather than just wandering around, engaging in individual competition as in a normal RPG. That requires a fair bit of coordination.

OTOH, maybe there's one team per player. That would work just fine.

If anyone cares enough to give it a go, let us know how it actually works. :)