Position Swaping

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

unit12

Position Swaping

Post by unit12 »

The ability to swap the position of 2 adjacent troups (on the same side) is not present in many tactical fighting games.

edit to clarify;

you should only be able to do this with 2 units you own control of, it should cost the movement points required to move onto the terrains involved, both units should not have entered a zone of control this turn and both should not have made any attacks yet this turn.

Also I am no coder but couldn't this be done with an "if" chain.

if unit1 is at (tile a) and is adjacent to unit2 and both are under the same sides control and then unit1 attempts to move to unit2s location (tile b) then set values X(tile a) and Y (tile b).

then move unit2 to this unit1 position(tile a)
-if, it has enough movement points.
-if, both units have not entered a (zone of contol).
-if, both units have not made any attacks this turn.
-if not, then do not allow (message).
then excute unit1 move to (tile b).
Last edited by unit12 on May 9th, 2007, 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Headache

Re: Position Swaping

Post by Headache »

unit12 wrote:The ability to swap the position of 2 adjacent troups (on the same side) is not present in many tactical fighting games.
I sometimes curse it when I can't change positions, but I also like it because I have to think more where to place units. Perhaps there could be a new ability that allows unit to swap position or it could be included eg. to skirmisher. Perhaps it could be even be possible for all units under someone's leadership.
I'm using version 1.6
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I locked and moved your earlier copy of this thread already, but I suppose someone actually deleted it afterwards. So this time I'll just move it.
unit12

Post by unit12 »

I had thought I already posted this (lol, atleast I can stop doubting my sanity.)

Sorry if this is a bad topic, i didn't see it anywhere else and didn't notice it in the list of things not to post.

please, send me a Pm, if there ever is an issue with any of my posts (i can be understanding). hopfully it will save some confusion.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

zookeeper wrote:I locked and moved your earlier copy of this thread already, but I suppose someone actually deleted it afterwards. So this time I'll just move it.
That would have been me; my apologies for apparently doing so prematurely.
Drake Blademaster

Post by Drake Blademaster »

Just watch out that this thread doesn't get locked like all of those other ones! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Drake Blademaster wrote:Just watch out that this thread doesn't get locked like all of those other ones! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean like this?